Someone give me tips to get my self motivated for my GCSE exams, I want 5-10 A*s

Watch this thread
User1654729
Badges: 2
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Someone give me tips to get my self motivated for my GCSE exams, I want 5-10 A*s

I am an A*/A/B student depending on what subject it is I believe I can get a*s 6 of my subjects

I need motivation to start revising for those subjects which I struggle at

HELP GUYS :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed:
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sumi99)

I am an A*/A/B student depending on what subject it is I believe I can get a*s 6 of my subjects

HELP GUYS :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed:

Winners are too busy to be sad,
too positive to be doubtful,
too optimistic to be fearful,
and too determined to be defeated.

Cremated_Spatula
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Your life is in your hands... No pressure. lol
User1654729
(Original post by German123)
Winners are too busy to be sad,
too positive to be doubtful,
too optimistic to be fearful,
and too determined to be defeated.

Keep my self busy, be positive, optimistic and determined! Gotchaaa
thanks x
User1654729
(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
Your life is in your hands... No pressure. lol

LOOL NO PRESSURE AT ALL thank u x
German123
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Keep my self busy, be positive, optimistic and determined! Gotchaaa
thanks x
You can do anything if you try

Good luck with your revision. Remember reach for the stars.
User1654729
(Original post by German123)
You can do anything if you try

Good luck with your revision. Remember reach for the stars.

Thank you merry christmas
German123
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thank you merry christmas
Same to you.
username1567177
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
There's a lot of competition out there regarding uni choices and jobs so keep focused, get the best results to beat everyone else in getting a career u want!

Gud luck
(btw im a gcse student, lol hence the name, and i knw its difficult to keep motivated when studying)
German123
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

Also remember that good GCSE grades(minimum B's)=going to a good uni
User1654729
(Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
There's a lot of competition out there regarding uni choices and jobs so keep focused, get the best results to beat everyone else in getting a career u want!

Gud luck
(btw im a gcse student, lol hence the name, and i knw its difficult to keep motivated when studying)

Have you started revising yet?

How many hours are u doing :'(
Sandtrooper
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You can do it if you put your mind to it. Imagine how great you'll feel waking up to 5-10 A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
l1lvink
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Dependant on the subject (Science subjects), there are often answers that you can learn off by heart which means easy marks.
Other than that, do lots of past papers. If you are perfect at them, you should be perfect at the actual exam.
In terms of revision, set yourself a timetable; either do an hour of this followed by an hour of that or give yourself a deadline, ie a week to be flawless at Geometry.

Also, make sure that your parents are interested in most of your work (this becomes especially important at A level).
User1654729
(Original post by Edminzodo)
You can do it if you put your mind to it. Imagine how great you'll feel waking up to 5-10 A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks x
User1654729
(Original post by l1lvink)
Dependant on the subject (Science subjects), there are often answers that you can learn off by heart which means easy marks.
Other than that, do lots of past papers. If you are perfect at them, you should be perfect at the actual exam.
In terms of revision, set yourself a timetable; either do an hour of this followed by an hour of that or give yourself a deadline, ie a week to be flawless at Geometry.

Also, make sure that your parents are interested in most of your work (this becomes especially important at A level).

Thanks for that

i have made a revision timetable

would u recommend starting now 3 hours after school??
ko111
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
log off for a start
l1lvink
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thanks for that

i have made a revision timetable

would u recommend starting now 3 hours after school??
Hmm, I'd say that's really something you need to decide on. I have no idea how good you already are, how you learn, how much you do in school etc.

What I did during my GCSEs was constantly change how much I was doing in relation to what I thought I should be doing; sometimes I'd need to do more as I was behind where I wanted to be, sometimes I was ahead of where I should be. Oftentimes this happened at different times for different subjects so the times averaged out.
Edit: I recommend thinking about times not as per day, but as per week. Sometimes you will have an off-day, or will want/need to do something else which is time consuming; this just means that you should do more on other days, not have to do it on that day.

So I'd say, keep an open mind as to how much you should be doing per week and keep on changing this.
Adeel Ali
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm doing GCSEs too! Wow. Your really optimistic! I want 4A* Minimum. math, chem, Bio and business hopefully!
I've started making notes for my science exams. Closer to the time, I'll condense them and get them into my brain.
User1654729
(Original post by Adeel Ali)
I'm doing GCSEs too! Wow. Your really optimistic! I want 4A* Minimum. math, chem, Bio and business hopefully!
I've started making notes for my science exams. Closer to the time, I'll condense them and get them into my brain.

Wow that's great!

Science is one of my favourite subjects a* in it

Best advice do loads of flashcards it works wonders!!
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Bit early to start revising isn't it? Don't kill yourself over it yet. I didn't start revision till easter and did quite well (9A*2A). But make sure it's ONLY revision you leave till then. Plug any gaps in your knowledge up before then so revision will be a cinch. I imagined the disappointment of getting less than 10A* (yeah, I screwed it up) and that made me want to revise a lot more!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (184)
41.63%
The paper was reasonable (196)
44.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (39)
8.82%
It was TERRIBLE (23)
5.2%

Watched Threads