Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Someone give me tips to get my self motivated for my GCSE exams, I want 5-10 A*s Watch

Someone give me tips to get my self motivated for my GCSE exams, I want 5-10 A*s

I am an A*/A/B student depending on what subject it is I believe I can get a*s 6 of my subjects

I need motivation to start revising for those subjects which I struggle at

HELP GUYS :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumi99)
    Someone give me tips to get my self motivated for my GCSE exams, I want 5-10 A*s

I am an A*/A/B student depending on what subject it is I believe I can get a*s 6 of my subjects

HELP GUYS :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed:

Winners are too busy to be sad,
    too positive to be doubtful,
    too optimistic to be fearful,
    and too determined to be defeated.

ReputationRep:
    Your life is in your hands... No pressure. lol

(Original post by German123)
    Winners are too busy to be sad,
    too positive to be doubtful,
    too optimistic to be fearful,
    and too determined to be defeated.

Keep my self busy, be positive, optimistic and determined! Gotchaaa
    thanks x

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Your life is in your hands... No pressure. lol

LOOL NO PRESSURE AT ALL thank u x

ReputationRep:
    Keep my self busy, be positive, optimistic and determined! Gotchaaa
    thanks x
    You can do anything if you try

Good luck with your revision. Remember reach for the stars.

(Original post by German123)
    You can do anything if you try

Good luck with your revision. Remember reach for the stars.

Thank you merry christmas

ReputationRep:
    Thank you merry christmas
    Same to you.

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of competition out there regarding uni choices and jobs so keep focused, get the best results to beat everyone else in getting a career u want!

Gud luck
    (btw im a gcse student, lol hence the name, and i knw its difficult to keep motivated when studying)

ReputationRep:

Also remember that good GCSE grades(minimum B's)=going to a good uni

(Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    There's a lot of competition out there regarding uni choices and jobs so keep focused, get the best results to beat everyone else in getting a career u want!

Gud luck
    (btw im a gcse student, lol hence the name, and i knw its difficult to keep motivated when studying)

Have you started revising yet?

How many hours are u doing :'(
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You can do it if you put your mind to it. Imagine how great you'll feel waking up to 5-10 A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dependant on the subject (Science subjects), there are often answers that you can learn off by heart which means easy marks.
    Other than that, do lots of past papers. If you are perfect at them, you should be perfect at the actual exam.
    In terms of revision, set yourself a timetable; either do an hour of this followed by an hour of that or give yourself a deadline, ie a week to be flawless at Geometry.

Also, make sure that your parents are interested in most of your work (this becomes especially important at A level).

(Original post by Edminzodo)
    You can do it if you put your mind to it. Imagine how great you'll feel waking up to 5-10 A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks x

(Original post by l1lvink)
    Dependant on the subject (Science subjects), there are often answers that you can learn off by heart which means easy marks.
    Other than that, do lots of past papers. If you are perfect at them, you should be perfect at the actual exam.
    In terms of revision, set yourself a timetable; either do an hour of this followed by an hour of that or give yourself a deadline, ie a week to be flawless at Geometry.

Also, make sure that your parents are interested in most of your work (this becomes especially important at A level).

Thanks for that

i have made a revision timetable

would u recommend starting now 3 hours after school??

ReputationRep:
    log off for a start

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that

i have made a revision timetable

would u recommend starting now 3 hours after school??
    Hmm, I'd say that's really something you need to decide on. I have no idea how good you already are, how you learn, how much you do in school etc.

What I did during my GCSEs was constantly change how much I was doing in relation to what I thought I should be doing; sometimes I'd need to do more as I was behind where I wanted to be, sometimes I was ahead of where I should be. Oftentimes this happened at different times for different subjects so the times averaged out.
    Edit: I recommend thinking about times not as per day, but as per week. Sometimes you will have an off-day, or will want/need to do something else which is time consuming; this just means that you should do more on other days, not have to do it on that day.

So I'd say, keep an open mind as to how much you should be doing per week and keep on changing this.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing GCSEs too! Wow. Your really optimistic! I want 4A* Minimum. math, chem, Bio and business hopefully!
    I've started making notes for my science exams. Closer to the time, I'll condense them and get them into my brain.

(Original post by Adeel Ali)
    I'm doing GCSEs too! Wow. Your really optimistic! I want 4A* Minimum. math, chem, Bio and business hopefully!
    I've started making notes for my science exams. Closer to the time, I'll condense them and get them into my brain.

Wow that's great!

Science is one of my favourite subjects a* in it

Best advice do loads of flashcards it works wonders!!

ReputationRep:
    Bit early to start revising isn't it? Don't kill yourself over it yet. I didn't start revision till easter and did quite well (9A*2A). But make sure it's ONLY revision you leave till then. Plug any gaps in your knowledge up before then so revision will be a cinch. I imagined the disappointment of getting less than 10A* (yeah, I screwed it up) and that made me want to revise a lot more!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.