Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am attempting to calculate the concentration of copper ions in an unknown solution using the Nernst equation however my maths seems to be letting me down a little!
    I've attached my calculations but my result is considerably far away from what I was expecting. I think this is just down to my calculations so could someone please check them and see if I have made a mistake somewhere and how to correct it? Thanks

Note: The 0.00000385 should have a mol/dm3 next to it, hence why I think it's wrong!
    Attached Images

• Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePhoenixLament)
    I am attempting to calculate the concentration of copper ions in an unknown solution using the Nernst equation however my maths seems to be letting me down a little!
    I've attached my calculations but my result is considerably far away from what I was expecting. I think this is just down to my calculations so could someone please check them and see if I have made a mistake somewhere and how to correct it? Thanks

Note: The 0.00000385 should have a mol/dm3 next to it, hence why I think it's wrong!
    apart from your slight error in division, I see no other issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charco)
    apart from your slight error in division, I see no other issues.
    Cheers- could you possibly specify what the error in division was?
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePhoenixLament)
    Cheers- could you possibly specify what the error in division was?
    0.0592/2 =

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.