Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Maths and Further Maths, but 3 AS-Levels in year 12? Watch

ReputationRep:
    At my sixth form, we only have the option to do Maths and Further Maths A-Level, but we can only do 5 units in year 12 (C1, C2, M1, C3, C4) and 7 units in year 13 (M2, FP1,S1, S2, FP2, S3, M3). This takes up 2 subject slots in year 12 and also in takes 2 subject slots year 13 (there are four subject slots in both year 12 and 13). This means i can only take 2 other subjects at AS in year 12. I have chosen Chemistry and Physics. Having only taken 3 AS-Levels in year 12 (Plus C3 and C4), would i be at a disadvantage when applying for top 30 UK unis (for computer science)?

Note that i got an A* in maths GCSE and a Grade A in OCR Additional Maths FSMQ. Also note that i still get a predicted grade for further maths a level based on my preformance in the maths units i take in year 12.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good idea to call the Unis up. However, I think they should understand. Your sixth form has a weird set up.

ReputationRep:
    I can't really advise on whether you'll be disadvantaged, but I think that if youre concerned you could ask your sixth form if you could self teach a module and for them to put you in for the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.