Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What's your new years resolution? Watch

ReputationRep:
    For me, it's the following:

I want to treat my parents with more respect and dignity.

Also, I want to try to have more compassion with others.

It is especially my goal to have more patience with other people. I don't want to constantly react in an emotional way that I might regret later on. Instead, I want to try to have more patience and to think about the actions of other people. This should help me to understand why people behave in the way they behave, which in turn should give me a better understanding of their motives, allowing me to understand them better and have more patience with them. Basically, I'm trying to develop a new routine which allows me to step back and to reflect, instead of letting my emotions take the lead.

Another resolution of mine is to focus more on the important things in life. I want to rid myself of unimportant distractions that cause too much trouble and are basically just a waste of energy.

What are your plans for 2015?

ReputationRep:
    Treating your parents with respect and dignity should be a duty for life as a child providing the parents brought you up well.

That makes me annoyed to think that's your NYR then in 2016 you'll forget about it

I don't do NYR waste of time

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say that I treat them badly. I think I have a loving and respectful relationship to my parents. But one can always improve and always have more compassion and patience.And yes, sometimes I'm struggling with my temper. So why not improve on that?

It's sad that my New Year's resolution annoys you. I think it's better to make a plan for change instead of not doing anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyT)
    I didn't say that I treat them badly. I think I have a loving and respectful relationship to my parents. But one can always improve and always have more compassion and patience.And yes, sometimes I'm struggling with my temper. So why not improve on that?

It's sad that my New Year's resolution annoys you. I think it's better to make a plan for change instead of not doing anything.
    I think it's a great idea that you're trying something positive. And once it becomes a habit, it probably will last a lifetime
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Get over my fear of flying and pass my driving test.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Being accepted to all my unis 😌

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinkebg)
    Being accepted to all my unis 😌

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's not a nyr....and who cares you'll only end up going to 1, not 5.

ReputationRep:
    1) Get AABB at AS Level (BBBB minimum)
    2) Make 20 YouTube videos
    3) Gain 10kg of good weight/muscle
    4) Exercise with high intensity from Jan 1st to March 31st and then cool it down a bit during exam season
    5) Get a stunning girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarte Tatin)
    I think it's a great idea that you're trying something positive. And once it becomes a habit, it probably will last a lifetime
    Thanks for the kind words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Get over my fear of flying and pass my driving test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least, you're not afraid of driving, while trying to pass your flying test. That would make things much more difficult

ReputationRep:
    You do not need to wait for January 1st, to treat your parents with respect.

If you want to make a change, do it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadman)
    Sounds like a plan to me! You could even turn that into a cheesy pick up line heheh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Masturbate less

ReputationRep:
    To eat healthier - possibly going vegetarian or pescetarian! And to work harder and schedule my time better and stick to things I sign up for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyT)

It is especially my goal to have more patience with other people. I don't want to constantly react in an emotional way that I might regret later on. Instead, I want to try to have more patience and to think about the actions of other people. This should help me to understand why people behave in the way they behave, which in turn should give me a better understanding of their motives, allowing me to understand them better and have more patience with them. Basically, I'm trying to develop a new routine which allows me to step back and to reflect, instead of letting my emotions take the lead.

Another resolution of mine is to focus more on the important things in life. I want to rid myself of unimportant distractions that cause too much trouble and are basically just a waste of energy.

can I ask-MH problems? Autism? I did not put this down as my NYR, but it's something I absolutely must work on too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadman)
    1) Get AABB at AS Level (BBBB minimum)
    2) Make 20 YouTube videos
    3) Gain 10kg of good weight/muscle
    4) Exercise with high intensity from Jan 1st to March 31st and then cool it down a bit during exam season
    das it mane

ReputationRep:
    To learn another language.

ReputationRep:
    ]lift from this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3014279

Now SMARTened

1a) Continue with my volunteering at a museum and in the classroom, working towards Camp America summer 2015 and a PGCE 2015/6 or 2016/7

b) And/or an MA in English/History

c) Working towards a job

2) With money from said job, afford my bulk and boost fitness/get to <13%. Currently at 150lbs 17%, 160lbs 12% would be dapper

3) Carry on volunteering in this band working towards greater projects, maybe get them on tour. If the band is going nowhere use my experience to get a new one and/or make my own

4) ****ing buy a new Dictaphone, man up and post Ollie Murs and Robbie Williams song covers on Facebook/Soundcloud. Do more singing.

At least 1 rough song cover every 2 months
    Singing at least once a week

5) Carry on learning to cook. Aims to be able to do 10 extra staple meals by end of year: spag bol, lasagne, chilli, pasta dishes, curry, roast dinner, jacket potato etc.

6) Gtfo TSR as much and use time to amass through the treasure trove of books/films/video games lol in my room accumulated over the last 3-4 years nicknamed 'fun stuff'. Various goals incl.

-A film a week=50 films by end of year
    -at least 10 books by end of year, ideal goal of 20 books
    -a videogame would be nice!
    -see above re: music

7) Man up and make friends with women in new Beast mode [have been hiding because beta believes they sense weakness in male]

edit: speak to at least one girl outside of my comfort zone (read: not my ex, not my mum or nan, not my doctor etc.) once a fortnight. Talk to at least one new girl a month

same premise to be repeated with men on smaller scale since SA is admittedly lower with men idk why

8) [2016 goals] driving lessons

9) SORT MY ****ING SLEEP PATTERN OUT

ReputationRep:
    Sleep less I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyT)

taking a break on women.jaysus I dont care if Im alone for the rest of my life but I just want to not have to make a move on people anymore

ah patience yeh but not give a **** about other people too.most of them are boloxes anyways.lets be honest

go for stuff regardless

get more organised with life

adding skillset.music etc..

the list goes on...

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.