Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Have you ever left your partner for someone else and been happy? Watch

People seem to have this thing that leaving your current bf or gf for someone else you find more attractive is somehow inherently wrong.

But I did just that for a girl I found not only more attractive but had so much more in common with and we've been together for 4 years now. How could that have been the wrong thing to do? I'm happy and never had to look back.

ReputationRep:
    If you're happy, I guess that's it, all that matters (not what people say)

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with it. If you find someone more attractive and makes you happier than your current partner, then of course you should go for them. It's like upgrading your car or your money left phone, or moving into a big get house, or getting a promotion at work. Why settle when you can upgrade to something better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ummm good for you but what about the ex that you left? Would you be happy for your current partner of they left you for an 'upgrade'?

ReputationRep:
    I think the issue is more staying in a relationship that you "knew" wasn't good enough to be satisfying for the long term. If you genuinely had your mind blown by someone that was way better than you thought existed, fair enough, but even having a relationship that you can't see going anywhere is pointless; it can also be the reason for seeking or finding someone better eventually. Higher standards in the first place make it more likely to be satisfied. A thing that particularly pisses me off is relationships for the sake of not being single, or with someone you don't love, or can see yourself with in the future. Screams of pathetic :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2015
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.