Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    My time at university would not have been the same had I not joined a society. I've been part of my History Society, and it's been amazing.
    Societies and sports clubs have various perks and allow you to meet some of the best people and really connect yourself within campus life.

Your social life benefits a great deal, whether it be meeting up in the union in between lectures, or getting p*ssed on various themed socials. My favourite is HistSoc vs. GeogSoc where history will wear red war-paint and geography will battle in green; with boat races, drinking and chanting galore.

You also have the incredible opportunities of the summer tours at the end of the year.
    Having not travelled beforehand, I've managed to go to Italy, Russia, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic!
    So try your best to make the most out of the Freshers' Fayre in Freshers Week.

On arrival, you'll find yourself joining clubs and societies that you never thought would appeal to you, but the diverse choice is really helpful, and you and your friends can make new ones if there's enough of you.

Though not having joined a sports club myself, I've seen the fun they bring to the uni experience; with many of my friends travelling to various different uni's and the competition seems really enjoyable and exciting.

Just wondering if anyone else has enjoyed being parts of a society/sports club in uni and what your favourite parts of them are ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.