Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello there! I really hope at least one person can help me out

I am applying for a web development course in my local university and they offered me an informal interview, i am fine with that. But the part that freaks me out is that they requested a portfolio. Well i have no employee experience within the web development industry, i do have a basic knowledge of some coding languages but i never applied them, i have had my fair share of website creating experience but the work from that is all gone. In my A-level IT work, i have created a tabled website using Dreamweaver and basically that is the only thing i have to add to my portfolio.

What should i do??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saleem786)
    Hello there! I really hope at least one person can help me out

I am applying for a web development course in my local university and they offered me an informal interview, i am fine with that. But the part that freaks me out is that they requested a portfolio. Well i have no employee experience within the web development industry, i do have a basic knowledge of some coding languages but i never applied them, i have had my fair share of website creating experience but the work from that is all gone. In my A-level IT work, i have created a tabled website using Dreamweaver and basically that is the only thing i have to add to my portfolio.

What should i do??
    Now you have got me scared. They ask for portfolio's??!! I am applying for computer science and do not have any portfolio. They do not even offer ICT at my school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    Now you have got me scared. They ask for portfolio's??!! I am applying for computer science and do not have any portfolio. They do not even offer ICT at my school
    There is no need to have a portfolio if you are applying for a Computer Science degree. ICT lessons are not required to get offers for Computer Science. My university choices are more interested in mathematics/science subjects than ICT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    Lol there is a reason why i said "informal" in bold and italics.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.