Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello there! I really hope at least one person can help me out

I am applying for a web development course in my local university and they offered me an informal interview, i am fine with that. But the part that freaks me out is that they requested a portfolio. Well i have no employee experience within the web development industry, i do have a basic knowledge of some coding languages but i never applied them, i have had my fair share of website creating experience but the work from that is all gone. In my A-level IT work, i have created a tabled website using Dreamweaver and basically that is the only thing i have to add to my portfolio.

What should i do??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saleem786)
    Hello there! I really hope at least one person can help me out

I am applying for a web development course in my local university and they offered me an informal interview, i am fine with that. But the part that freaks me out is that they requested a portfolio. Well i have no employee experience within the web development industry, i do have a basic knowledge of some coding languages but i never applied them, i have had my fair share of website creating experience but the work from that is all gone. In my A-level IT work, i have created a tabled website using Dreamweaver and basically that is the only thing i have to add to my portfolio.

What should i do??
    Now you have got me scared. They ask for portfolio's??!! I am applying for computer science and do not have any portfolio. They do not even offer ICT at my school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    Now you have got me scared. They ask for portfolio's??!! I am applying for computer science and do not have any portfolio. They do not even offer ICT at my school
    There is no need to have a portfolio if you are applying for a Computer Science degree. ICT lessons are not required to get offers for Computer Science. My university choices are more interested in mathematics/science subjects than ICT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    Lol there is a reason why i said "informal" in bold and italics.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2014
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.