Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

P1 EXAM : need help, revision tips and general advice Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in year 10, and never have sat a GCSE exam before, however my first exam, which is P1 (Physics unit 1, WJEC) is in mid January 2015, and this is my first exam and am seriously freaking out! I've only properly started revision from the beginning of the week, which has been making notes on my book from school, which I for some reason think isn't as affective and I still have a lot of notes to make. Physics is my weakest science and am currently on an A grade, although I feel that the grade will drop due to my poor revision and lack of interest in the subject, I really want to do medicine as a profession and am aware that maths is needed and considering I'm not the best at maths either, I must perform well in Physics to show my knowledge in maths there. I don't have much time till my exam and need to know some good revision techniques that wont require wasting time or any silly and ineffective approaches, (so far I've made notes, printed a couple of past papers out and read over our specification), and if you have done the P1 exam please share your experiences with me etc. I thank you all in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mass_)
    I am currently in year 10, and never have sat a GCSE exam before, however my first exam, which is P1 (Physics unit 1, WJEC) is in mid January 2015, and this is my first exam and am seriously freaking out! I've only properly started revision from the beginning of the week, which has been making notes on my book from school, which I for some reason think isn't as affective and I still have a lot of notes to make. Physics is my weakest science and am currently on an A grade, although I feel that the grade will drop due to my poor revision and lack of interest in the subject, I really want to do medicine as a profession and am aware that maths is needed and considering I'm not the best at maths either, I must perform well in Physics to show my knowledge in maths there. I don't have much time till my exam and need to know some good revision techniques that wont require wasting time or any silly and ineffective approaches, (so far I've made notes, printed a couple of past papers out and read over our specification), and if you have done the P1 exam please share your experiences with me etc. I thank you all in advance!
    I am currently doing GCSE Core and Additional Science meaning I study two units of Physics however I do not share the same exam board. My exam board is Edexcel. Additionally, I'm in Year 11 so I learnt P1 last year. However, I totally agree with you as I also find Physics the least interesting and hardest science subject out of the three.
    I finished my mock exams in Physics and I feel that I done OK.

When I checked the syllabus for WJEC Physics. It is extremely similar to the topics in Edexcel Physics. Therefore, I will give you some clips that you can adapt to your exam board. The clips broken down into simplistic vocabulary and that really helped me.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMUF...OAOTjfg35r7Gvz

Also, if you want, I could share my Physics notes with you which are also condensed into notes, however they are more detailed and use more key words than the clips, so hook me up if you might want them, they are very useful!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taylortron99)
    I am currently doing GCSE Core and Additional Science meaning I study two units of Physics however I do not share the same exam board. My exam board is Edexcel. Additionally, I'm in Year 11 so I learnt P1 last year. However, I totally agree with you as I also find Physics the least interesting and hardest science subject out of the three.

When I checked the syllabus for WJEC Physics. It is extremely similar to the topics in Edexcel Physics. Therefore, I will give you some clips that you can adapt to your exam board. The clips broken down into simplistic vocabulary and that really helped me.

Also, if you want, I could share my Physics notes with you which are also condensed into notes, however they are more detailed and use more key words than the clips, so hook me up if you might want them, they are very useful!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! words cannot explain how grateful I am for you being the only person replying back! You've helped so much and the clips are very great and I guess I feel slightly more confident knowing that someone shares the same views on this subject unlike my class who are quite happy with everything :l I'd realllllly appreciate it if you sent some of your physics notes to me, I'm really sure they'd help a lot because you seem very clever! Although if you don't want to send them , then I completely understand and hope that I haven't offended you in any way by asking you

Thank you once again, good luck in your exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mass_)
    THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! words cannot explain how grateful I am for you being the only person replying back! You've helped so much and the clips are very great and I guess I feel slightly more confident knowing that someone shares the same views on this subject unlike my class who are quite happy with everything :l I'd realllllly appreciate it if you sent some of your physics notes to me, I'm really sure they'd help a lot because you seem very clever! Although if you don't want to send them , then I completely understand and hope that I haven't offended you in any way by asking you

Thank you once again, good luck in your exams!
    No problem!!! I have attached the P1 notes to this reply. Hope it helps.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc P1 notes.doc (648.0 KB, 155 views)

ReputationRep:
    This is so helpful, good luck with all you exams! cheers

ReputationRep:
    I am in yr 10 and i haven't even started revising physics so those notes were a blessing. Thank you so much for sharing them!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    I am in yr 10 and i haven't even started revising physics so those notes were a blessing. Thank you so much for sharing them!!
    no problem

ReputationRep:
    Hey dont u think these notes are way to advance at the beginning it was ok but near to end it started getting complicated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woah. You should try making them prettier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adeel Ali)
    How??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Colour. Diagrams. I scrolled through the pages and was like :eek:
    But hey, if they work well for you

ReputationRep:
    Colour. Diagrams. I scrolled through the pages and was like :eek:
    But hey, if they work well for you
    U r right there should be some colours but I don't really mind if they are not there different people have different preferences

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fallen99)
    U r right there should be some colours but I don't really mind if they are not there different people have different preferences

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah OfC

ReputationRep:
    Yeah OfC
    Just asking u in yr 10 or 11

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do lots(all) of the past papers. Just this, because maths and physics are all about understanding concepts, then a lot of practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fallen99)
    Just asking u in yr 10 or 11

Posted from TSR Mobile
    11 :P

ReputationRep:
    U going to sit GCSE examz this yr like me aggg I am soo worried bout them. Even though I have done my revison still feels like I am not up to date

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There was more pictures however it exceeded the limit so I needed to take most of them out in order to upload it; however I left the important pictures which help you understand some topics.
    However, I hope you find these notes helpful. Feel free to add pictures yourself!!!!!

ReputationRep:

Hi could you possibly add the notes onto this forum to share with everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Feel free to add pictures yourself!!!!!
    LOL

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.