Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

If the woman wants to abort the child Watch

ReputationRep:
    If a man and woman, are in a relationship. And if the woman becomes pregnant and does not want the child. But the man wants the child as he is very able to provide and spend time for the child.

If the woman, only cares about HER needs and HER pain and HER desires and HER wishes. Then certainly it's not a healthy relationship. The man will be blamed for being insensitive and a jerk, anyways.

So, the best solutions, I can think of, would be to dump her or divorce her (if they are married).

Its all about WOMEN WOMEN WOMEN.

So, what do you think is the best solution for the man? And i'm talking about the best solution for the MAN. Lets take out women from this picture. Completely. Because obviously, the woman will succeed in aborting the child without a spec of guilt left in her and the man will be left in misery.

ReputationRep:
    If he wants a kid then he'd best find someone who shares that sentiment. I don't see why that's such a hard conclusion to come to. The notion that love lasts forever is absurd. Love is, at best, fleeting. This is proved by the ability to pick up, **** off, and shack up with someone else.

So the "But I love you and I want your babies" is merely a bull**** sentiment propagated by people who either have an inability to control their emotions or are dependent (most likely emotionally) on their partner. If your loved one doesn't want kids but you do then having a kid will lead to one of two situations:
    A) Man resents woman for not bearing child, which leads to a poor quality of relationship.
    B) Woman resents man for bearing child, which leads to a poor quality of relationship and incredibly biased parenting.

The logical solution is by far and large to just jog on if she's going to have the abortion anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Its the man's fault for entering a relationship with this woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falcatas)
    Its the man's fault for entering a relationship with this woman.
    What the hell? So, its always the mans fault? And the woman is an angel who just glided with him into a relationship?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly struggling to understand the question you're asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou_100)
    Honestly struggling to understand the question you're asking.
    Really? You poor thing. Can you read properly? Or do you want me to help you understand?

ReputationRep:
    They should have agreed on whether or not they wanted kids before marrying, in the situation you've described. But of course, circumstances change and it's perfectly acceptable for people to change their minds.

The only other alternative you can have is the woman being forced against her will to carry the child and give birth. Do you really think that's acceptable, because the man couldn't accept her wishes and find another partner? What if he decides he doesn't want it when it's too late to abort?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulpha)
    There should be a legally binding document that men sign by Week 12 of the pregnancy agreeing to support the child until age 18.

If they don't sign the document, the woman has the choice to either raise is independently, or have an abortion.
    Harsh, but kinda agreeing with this tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree. Yes I know it's her body but I don't think women consider the mental effect it can have on the man TOO.

If I was married I wouldn't divorce but if in relationship she's gone.

ReputationRep:
    Men have no rights when it comes to child birth.

They're only recognised once the little brat pops out and needs money.

There should be a legally binding document that men sign by Week 12 of the pregnancy agreeing to support the child until age 18.

If they don't sign the document, the woman has the choice to either raise is independently, or have an abortion.
    Your first 2 sentences are so insensitive. The baby may be in the mothers womb but the baby belongs to the father and should also have an input in what happens. Obviously the women will have the deciding vote.

Men are at a disadvantage when they don't want the baby and the mother gives birth so the father is forced to pay. Very unfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery Me)
    Because obviously, the woman will succeed in aborting the child without a spec of guilt left in her
    well you clearly have no idea what you are talking about :rolleyes:

and as for the man, nothing he can do but suck it up I am afraid. You can't force a woman to go through a pregnancy they don't want. Wanting the child does not make him an insensitive jerk, but in the end he can't make that decision for her. I feel he would be perfectly justified in ending the relationship though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not being insensitive, I'm stating a well-known fact.

A man is nothing, legally, until the baby is born, then he is a welfare system.

Even then it's the woman who lists them on the birth certificate.
    Women have too many rights in this which I feel is outdated.

Sadly legally we are nothing but sugardaddies (not meant in that way lol)

ReputationRep:
    Really? You poor thing. Can you read properly? Or do you want me to help you understand?
    All I understood was pregnant woman who wants an abortion, but dad wants the baby.
    Then you start ranting about how the dad is seen as a jerk. And say the best solution is for him to dump her.

Forgive me if I'm a little confused at exactly why the dad is such a jerk, and what list of possibilities there is for him. He can't do anything. That may not be the right thing, but it's the truth. She may abort the baby and he can't do much about it.

Are you asking if he should stay with her and accept her decision? You should have said that, then.

You're also disgustingly rude. I was simply asking for clarification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucaf)
    well you clearly have no idea what you are talking about :rolleyes:

and as for the man, nothing he can do but suck it up I am afraid. You can't force a woman to go through a pregnancy they don't want. Wanting the child does not make him an insensitive jerk, but in the end he can't make that decision for her. I feel he would be perfectly justified in ending the relationship though.
    "Thank God, i had an abortion," is what i heard from a woman, once I was in a hospital. She was talking to someone on her phone. Sure its disrespectful to eavesdrop and you'd definitely never believe what I'm saying, but I would like to assume that some women will have no guilt after aborting the child. Dumping her is the best solution so far. At least, you've got one less of an individual, who is utterly inconsiderate of your feelings.

Women's excuse is, "Its my body, my decision." This is really the most common excuse. And I agree, that its your body and your decision weighs more than the mans decision. But the baby inside you, is not yours entirely. Its only half yours. Unless you have some serious physical complications that force you to abort the child, I have no sympathy for women who abort their child and sigh with relief afterwards when the man is clearly willing to take responsibility.

I think the law must intervene in this matter and show some (or at least a little) support for the man who is willing to support for and take care of the child.

ReputationRep:
    Motherhood is voluntary in 2014. Women have about 10 different contraceptions, the morning after pill and the abortion.

Men have a little piece of rubber that is known for breaking. If a woman doesn't want a child, she can quite easily not have one, pregnant or not.

To penalise the man with an 18 year financial contract is unjust.
    If it makes you feel any better a male contraceptive pill is currently in trials and is due to potentially be released by 2017 if all goes well.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Reue)
    Harsh, but kinda agreeing with this tbh.
    It's an incredibly silly idea. Why would any man not in a marriage sign it? Essentially you remove the man's responsibility for his actions from the equation.

If a man doesn't want a child, don't feckin make one. If you make one, it's your responsibility. Don't whine about not having a choice regarding abortion - it's the woman's body and the woman can choose what to do with her body within the remit of the law.

ReputationRep:
    "Thank God, i had an abortion," is what i heard from a woman, once I was in a hospital. She was talking to someone on her phone. Sure its disrespectful to eavesdrop and you'd definitely never believe what I'm saying, but I would like to assume that some women will have no guilt after aborting the child. Dumping her is the best solution so far. At least, you've got one less of an individual, who is utterly inconsiderate of your feelings.

Women's excuse is, "Its my body, my decision." This is really the most common excuse. And I agree, that its your body and your decision weighs more than the mans decision. But the baby inside you, is not yours entirely. Its only half yours. Unless you have some serious physical complications that force you to abort the child, I have no sympathy for women who abort their child and sigh with relief afterwards when the man is clearly willing to take responsibility.

I think the law must intervene in this matter and show some (or at least a little) support for the man who is willing to support for and take care of the child.
    But how should the law intervene? In what way? What laws do you think should be put in place?

The only thing I could think of would be forcing the woman to go through with the pregnancy which would go against her autonomy rights.

ReputationRep:

I completely agree - that would actually create *some* level of equality between men and women with regards to reproductive rights - men literally have none at the moment, of course, so this kind of legal protection would be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou_100)
    All I understood was pregnant woman who wants an abortion, but dad wants the baby.
    Then you start ranting about how the dad is seen as a jerk. And say the best solution is for him to dump her.

Forgive me if I'm a little confused at exactly why the dad is such a jerk, and what list of possibilities there is for him. He can't do anything. That may not be the right thing, but it's the truth. She may abort the baby and he can't do much about it.

Are you asking if he should stay with her and accept her decision? You should have said that, then.

You're also disgustingly rude. I was simply asking for clarification.
    And what did I say to make you feel disgustingly rude? You're annoyingly sensitive and have lost clue of what I was asking. I was asking for an alternative solution for a man who wants to keep the baby in a relationship, but the woman decides to abort the child. If you had a problem with understanding my question, you could've simply asked me to clarify it. If you say you're struggling with my question, what do you expect me to say? And besides, it's written in simple english. You're getting needlessly emotional, so please stop creating an online drama and stop replying to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by How Are You?)
    What the hell? So, its always the mans fault? And the woman is an angel who just glided with him into a relationship?
    He should have been sure that if the woman got pregnant she would wanted to keep it.

It goes both ways to.

If a women gets pregnant and the guy leaves its her own fault for choosing such a lousy partner.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.