Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Advice- think I may be falling for my best mates ex gf Watch

Hi there. I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment. Basically I have a best mate and in the summer this girl took an interest in him. She came to me for advice and we started talking and became friends. Over the summer we were especially close as my best mate was away for sometime so she hanged out with me. I unintentionally became the middleman in the relationship. My best mate returned and they hooked up, all was good, as I didn't have feelings towards her but it was great as I didn't have to pretend around her and I could just be myself. So all was good between my best mate and now my girl bestfriend untill from about a month ago when they started to argue and the relationship broke down again she came to me for advice and I gave it. Anyhow they broke up and here we are. She's pretty much over my best mate but he wants her back desperately. Recently I've began to develop feelings for this girl. I don't want to as I know how complicated it will be especially as my other mate made a move after they broke up and got Friendzoned. I can't stop though, we talk every day and sometimes I think she may like me. There's physical contact but then there always has been when she was with her ex. She said to me today that I'm the person she speaks to most on fb and that I've replaced her ex. She often says stuff when I need to do something like "Aw stay" etc. We talk about everything and I thought her breaking up with my best mate would push her away but if anything we're closer. I really don't know what to do, play it out I guess and see if it's just a phase. Thanks for any advice.

ReputationRep:
    She is your best mates ex, plus it's not as if he is over her. You've said yourself that he wants her back, so stay away from her.

Don't be that guy.

(Original post by Vikki1805)
    She is your best mates ex, plus it's not as if he is over her. You've said yourself that he wants her back, so stay away from her.

Don't be that guy.
    I hear you. I don't want to lose my best mate.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.