Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I have not done any of my GCSEs however have predicted grades of all A and A*. Ideally i would like to go into a career as a pilot in the RAF, but I am not very optimistic about the chances of being selected. Can someone give me some advice, what subjects to take at A level, whether to go on to Uni or not and how hard training is for a pilot?
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am aware of the selection processes and what they consist of, I would just like to know how hard they are

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackwell1122)
    Hi all, I have not done any of my GCSEs however have predicted grades of all A and A*. Ideally i would like to go into a career as a pilot in the RAF, but I am not very optimistic about the chances of being selected. Can someone give me some advice, what subjects to take at A level, whether to go on to Uni or not and how hard training is for a pilot?
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    1122 Tamworth air cadet by any chance..?

They are good grades, even if predicted, so don't shoot yourself down before you even start! Do subjects you will enjoy, and good results in. I have friends who are pilots with degrees in geography and sports science, so it isn't always about the subject!

Why not apply to uni, apply to the RAF too, and if not successful now, go to uni and keep trying...? I know someone applying for pilot for the 5th time, so don't worry about 'running out of opportunities'

T

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah ATC yes but not Tamworth sqn! Currently 15 years old and a Cpl, I have also been told by the OC that he expects me to 'rise through the ranks'. I am also considering WSOp if I cannot get in as a pilot or do not like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.