Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Friend with benefits has feelings for me? Watch

Basically we're both first years and live in the flats next to each other in halls. It's quite convenient and we just met in a club one night 2 months ago and since then it's happened a couple of times a week, both drunk and sober. I very bluntly laid out that this was casual and nothing would come of it and he agreed with me.
    But now if I go near another boy he gets weirdly jealous and has indirect tweeted about me, all his and my friends/flatmates keep telling me to end it because 'he has feelings' and they kind of joke that I keep breaking his heart.
    I don't really know what to do? I told him to be hinest with me and I'm still not sure if he does like me, he has slept with someone since me, as have I.
    Do I end it or?

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him and ask him if he has feelings for you. If I was you I'd end it if he did, feelings have no place in such a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. End it

ReputationRep:
    Better end it. If you just want someone known to you to have sex with you and you don't need, even don't want to develop feeling for them, the cruel truth is that you can easily find someone else who's a decent person and up for it. End it while you can, as in, while you're not so far into it that the guy will end up hurt and with resentment towards you.

ReputationRep:
    Never understood why people waste their time on "friends with benefits" and never will.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically we're both first years and live in the flats next to each other in halls. It's quite convenient and we just met in a club one night 2 months ago and since then it's happened a couple of times a week, both drunk and sober. I very bluntly laid out that this was casual and nothing would come of it and he agreed with me.
    But now if I go near another boy he gets weirdly jealous and has indirect tweeted about me, all his and my friends/flatmates keep telling me to end it because 'he has feelings' and they kind of joke that I keep breaking his heart.
    I don't really know what to do? I told him to be hinest with me and I'm still not sure if he does like me, he has slept with someone since me, as have I.
    Do I end it or?
    If he is developing feelings for you which is seems he clearly is and you only want it to be casual, then I suggest you put a stop to it now because it looks like you are both not on the same page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenkinsear)
    Never understood why people waste their time on "friends with benefits" and never will.
    sex on tap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamu)
    sex on tap
    To me that just sounds dull if there's no real emotional bond between you. It's kind of sad/loserish I think...

(Original post by jenkinsear)
    To me that just sounds dull if there's no real emotional bond between you. It's kind of sad/loserish I think...
    We are really good friends and have a laugh and go out in a group with people and yes it is fun and was simple

ReputationRep:
    This always happens with a FWB situation, just a matter of time.

When it does it has ran its course, you enjoyed it while it lasted but now its time to end it.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair when a guy puts his willy in a girl's fanny that many times...
    In all seriousness though, what did you expect?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    We are really good friends and have a laugh and go out in a group with people and yes it is fun and was simple
    Each to their own and all that, but it doesn't sound very fulfilling to me. Plus the fact it's given you such problems shows that it was far from simple and may prove to be not so fun after all...

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you should sit down and ask him about, but tbh you should probably end it now before it becomes bigger. As you're just looking for someone for sex only I'm sure there are a lot of guys at uni up for that.

(Original post by jambojim97)
    To be fair when a guy puts his willy in a girl's fanny that many times...
    In all seriousness though, what did you expect?! :confused:
    I sort of expected him to just be the same as me and not get involved emotionally, he even told me he definetly didn't want anything because he'd broken up with his girlfriend
    • TSR Support Team

I sort of expected him to just be the same as me and not get involved emotionally, he even told me he definetly didn't want anything because he'd broken up with his girlfriend
    We all like to think we can't develop feelings and that it would be just a simple friends with benefits, but so many times unfortunately one person will always get feelings at some point.

End it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.