The Student Room Group

What Chanel perfume is nicest?

Is it overrated? And should i go to store or is it ok to buy online?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by obscuredenvy

They are quite overrated in my opinion. I find the notes basic but then again I prefer complex scents. It's better to purchase fragrances in-store so that you can sample them on your skin and see which one works with your body's Chemistry the best.

Women:
1. Allure: Quite citrusy initially, but on the dry-down it is sensual, warm and sharp. To me it is a mixture of citrus and vanilla. [A cheaper alternative to this is Michael Kors Sporty]

2. Chance Eau Tendre: Fresh and floral, quite a basic fragrance to be honest

3. CoCo Mademoiselle: Smells like grapefruit and patchouli, it is very fresh with aldehyde undertones

4. No.5 and CoCo smell like Fairy washing-up liquid if I'm honest, they're very musky and also possess aldehyde undertones. They are best suited to a more mature woman in my opinion.

Men:
1. Allure Homme - Like the female version it is quite citrusy initially but once the base notes have kicked in it is very musky, warm and sensual. This is one of my favourite male fragrances.
(edited 9 years ago)
I like chanel perfume.

I've had eau tandre and its ok but not long lasting. Smells really fresh in my opinion.

Chanel no 5 is a classic but there are at least 2 versions. One is stronger and longer lasting than the other. It's my favourite perfume (I'm 23) but it is musky.

Some of the others do not last as long. I'm yet to find any perfume that I like the smell of that lasts all day!

I would go into a store and smell the perfumes. I've spent many hours testing perfumes in debenhams to still not find one I like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Ive been wearing No. 5 for the past few years and i love it!

Id say its worth it if you're gonna wear it a lot and can afford it, but don't make the mistake as a lot of people do and just save it up for special occasions as it goes off after about a year and a half depending on how you keep it
Yes no5 is a classic. It's wonderful because the scent lingers on your clothing and hair :smile:
Lidl does a copy of the Chanel Suddenly Mademoiselle and it even got a better rating in the smell test x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fortunesfool
Lidl does a copy of the Chanel Suddenly Mademoiselle and it even got a better rating in the smell test x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently once it has dried down it smells putrid!
Reply 7
Original post by obscuredenvy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Coco Chanel is by far the best one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I really don't think Chanel does the best perfume.

IMO Allure is the best. It's got hints of vanilla, peach, citrus, and a slight floral tone. To me it's a younger person's fragrance - most suitable for early 20's(ish).
Coco Mademoiselle is another good one. It's a bit heavier, but has a more 'classic' smell to it.
No. 5 just smells old to me. It's a very heavy fragrance that's more suited to an older woman.

I would really recommend Allure or Coco Mademoiselle if you're sticking to Chanel. Just my opinion anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest