Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have received an offer to study at Goldsmiths in Sep 2015. I am really considering it as Goldsmiths is definitely one of my favourites. I just wondered if any students at Goldsmith can tell me what the university is like. Are the people nice? Is it easy to make friends? etc. Really nervous as I would have to move away from home to attend.

For Goldsmiths politics students, is the course enjoyable? And what is the timetable like (how many hours a week are you at the uni? Roughly what are the term dates like?)

Really appreciate any replies!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmifern)
    I have received an offer to study at Goldsmiths in Sep 2015. I am really considering it as Goldsmiths is definitely one of my favourites. I just wondered if any students at Goldsmith can tell me what the university is like. Are the people nice? Is it easy to make friends? etc. Really nervous as I would have to move away from home to attend.

For Goldsmiths politics students, is the course enjoyable? And what is the timetable like (how many hours a week are you at the uni? Roughly what are the term dates like?)

Can't really help, but I've applied to Goldsmiths for Pol too. Hope I get an offer as will be my firm if I do!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it will be my firm too! I absolutely love the course modules so I'm hoping I get the grades too get in

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it will be my firm too! I absolutely love the course modules so I'm hoping I get the grades too get in
    Me too! I got my offer today, thank god What grades did they give you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophF_rth)
    Me too! I got my offer today, thank god What grades did they give you?
    Aw that's great, congrats! They offered me ABC which I'm pretty happy about, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Aw that's great, congrats! They offered me ABC which I'm pretty happy about, what about you?
    Oooh probably means I can get in with that too! They gave me BBB :P

ReputationRep:
    Oo that's good, the idea of uni is much less daunting now I've spoken to someone on my course haha

ReputationRep:
    Oo that's good, the idea of uni is much less daunting now I've spoken to someone on my course haha
    If I go then I'll be on the International Studies and Chinese course, so we might be sharing modules.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I definitely agree! Would be crazy if we both end up at Goldsmiths today in September!

ReputationRep:

hey this probs doesn't help much but im in a similar situation, I just got an offer for politics at goldsmiths. I'm torn between two choices to put as my firm atm, but ive heard a lot of people say it's v political, exciting sort of vibe. The thing that drew me to GS was what I've heard about the social scene and way the courses are run, meant to be v creative and diverse

ReputationRep:
    Oo thats cool are you considering Goldsmiths as your firm?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ive started to hear stuff like that too. I think they have such a cool different approach to politics. I imagine its a really good place to be! Thanks for your reply, its nice that other people are in the same boat as me

ReputationRep:
    Hi

As a part / time Masters student at Goldsmiths in ICCE but with knowledge of lecturers in Politics you will find the Politics Dept a breath of fresh air. It gives a different perspective than other Universities.

The creative vibe at Goldsmiths is brilliant

I would highly recommend Goldsmiths to those who may still have second thoughts

Toby Chambers
    MA candidate Social Entrepreneurship

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.