Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

I literally know nothing about tablets - help Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I have £200 max to spend on it so I'm not expecting an ultimate flash one. I primarily want one to use for university - to write notes, download powerpoints/documents and be able to edit/highlight them. I'd love it to come with Microsoft Word but I understand that's probably not realistic for my price range. I think I might have a free download of it anyway (I got a free download for my laptop in the summer from the uni) so maybe a tablet that's able to have it on? Regardless, it needs some note writing/pdf download function.

Any suggestions what tablet I should look at, or any particularly function I should look for when researching it?
    edit: I guess a keyboard would be helpful but I'm not bothered to be honest

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linx-Tablet-...Windows+Tablet

Has everything you need. Has the full version of Windows as well as the full version of Office 365 and is cheap. Excellent customer reviews too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendonbackflip)
    Ok so I have £200 max to spend on it so I'm not expecting an ultimate flash one. I primarily want one to use for university - to write notes, download powerpoints/documents and be able to edit/highlight them. I'd love it to come with Microsoft Word but I understand that's probably not realistic for my price range. I think I might have a free download of it anyway (I got a free download for my laptop in the summer from the uni) so maybe a tablet that's able to have it on? Regardless, it needs some note writing/pdf download function.

Any suggestions what tablet I should look at, or any particularly function I should look for when researching it?
    edit: I guess a keyboard would be helpful but I'm not bothered to be honest
    Does it have to be a Windows tablet? That Linx 10 linked above me is pretty decent, just the other day it was £30 from Staple after cashback once you trade in an old tablet, other than that its £80 instore I believe.

But if you want to actually use say those stylus's, there are very few tablets which are that good. One of the best at it is the more expensive Samsung tablets. The Samsung Pro 10.1 occasionally comes down to about £200-£220 and has plenty of power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendonbackflip)
    I primarily want one to use for university - to write notes
    Might want a keyboard if you're going to be doing much writing on it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.