Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Sale of Goods. Consumer or Business purchaser?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    scenario:
    jack buys 500 boxes of alcohol from Costco for 20 quid a box. He buys these for the bar at his hotel Towers Hotel which operates under the business name AceHospitality Ltd. This is the first time he has ever made such a purchase as his hotel has just been opened.

In this scenario, would Jack be considered a business purchaser? I believe he is a business purchaser as he is acting in the course of business and the act is not merely incidental to its main business.
    However i came across the case of R & B Customs in which it stated a degree of regularity in the act is required for it to be classed as being performed in the usual course of business.

Can i get some help please as the remedies depend upon whether the fictional jack would be a consumer or business purchaser. thanks

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter. It was in the course of business as it was integral to the operation of the business, regardless of the regularity.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.