The Student Room Group

If i was to Quit College because of being seen as the Loner

merry christmas everybody, hope your all ****ing enjoying it unlike me.. as the title says...

I have depression and my antidepressants has messed up my mind. I'm 19, studying an access course (as a last chance to uni) but anxiety almost got me kicked out of college (it would have been an education history to get kicked out 3 times). I have been re-thinking over this miserable christmas... is it worth destroying my uni dreams just because people see me as a loner (honestly i dont know what they see me as, i usually call myself a loner because my dad calls me that everyday)? Should i just give up and do a teaching Assistant apprenticeship just for the money or do i dare myself next year to do BTEC Music and be in a class with 16 year olds losers?

i have made countless threads on this for months now and so far responses has been too little to impact on. I also want to leave because i feel that a girl who im sooo much in love with (but have 0 chance to get close to her) is irriatting me. I cant stand the ****ing bastards being close to her and i can't stand my so-called friend (lets just say the only person i talk to in the class) slowly getting close to her as well. If i was popular i would have litterally had the *******s to do something about her but i dont :frown:

Just tell me what i should do.. anything and i will do it and announce it to my parents of my future plan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
merry christmas everybody, hope your all ****ing enjoying it unlike me.. as the title says...

I have depression and my antidepressants has messed up my mind. I'm 19, studying an access course (as a last chance to uni) but anxiety almost got me kicked out of college (it would have been an education history to get kicked out 3 times). I have been re-thinking over this miserable christmas... is it worth destroying my uni dreams just because people see me as a loner (honestly i dont know what they see me as, i usually call myself a loner because my dad calls me that everyday)? Should i just give up and do a teaching Assistant apprenticeship just for the money or do i dare myself next year to do BTEC Music and be in a class with 16 year olds losers?

i have made countless threads on this for months now and so far responses has been too little to impact on. I also want to leave because i feel that a girl who im sooo much in love with (but have 0 chance to get close to her) is irriatting me. I cant stand the ****ing bastards being close to her and i can't stand my so-called friend (lets just say the only person i talk to in the class) slowly getting close to her as well. If i was popular i would have litterally had the *******s to do something about her but i dont :frown:

Just tell me what i should do.. anything and i will do it and announce it to my parents of my future plan

Do what you want/enjoy. You are on this course, probably because you wanted to get with, so I reckon you should try and stick through it, if you can!

**** the people that call you a loner. Do what you want and you will find people of similar interests and get will get to enjoy being with them.

I TBH see myself as being a loner, not because of the lack of people I know, I know many, but there are only a few that I really am glad to know, the rest are generic. Don't know a lot of people who you just say hi and move on. Find people who you will always enjoy seeing!

I can't advise you about the girl, but maybe you can talk to her?

Oh and 16 year olds can be dicks, I was one not long ago, but just don't give a **** about what anyway says.

This isn't much but it's the best I could help, I am not great at giving advice lol.
Reply 2
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Do what you want/enjoy. You are on this course, probably because you wanted to get with, so I reckon you should try and stick through it, if you can!

**** the people that call you a loner. Do what you want and you will find people of similar interests and get will get to enjoy being with them.

I TBH see myself as being a loner, not because of the lack of people I know, I know many, but there are only a few that I really am glad to know, the rest are generic. Don't know a lot of people who you just say hi and move on. Find people who you will always enjoy seeing!

I can't advise you about the girl, but maybe you can talk to her?

Oh and 16 year olds can be dicks, I was one not long ago, but just don't give a **** about what anyway says.

This isn't much but it's the best I could help, I am not great at giving advice lol.

Well thank you for the advice.. i'm just not sure about continuing and i really want to leave my family to uni. i believe uni can change people but at the same time, if im not going to pass this course or even make it then i will force my dreams of uni

about the girl, weeks ago i was planning on bunking and she and her friends caught me and asked me what i was doing, i acted like a ****ing retard and bluntly said 'i dont care' and she just laughed shockingly... after that she knew i was ****ing weird because when i going to college weeks later, she walked passed me without acknowleding me but realistically everyone does that with me.
Reply 3
Stop being weak OP. You must value yourself because of who you are, not require the validation of others.
Reply 4
Original post by Rakas21
Stop being weak OP. You must value yourself because of who you are, not require the validation of others.

I am living in London, this the place where your either a boss or not by others..
Reply 5
I am living in London, this the place where your either a boss or not by others..

Your in college. You must learn to like yourself.
I think you need to take time out of education and seek some serious professional help with your mental health.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just think, they don't actually no you. Therefore they are not valid to say anything about you. Stick with it and get the highest you can get to prove them wrong. Perhaps they are just jealous of you.
Reply 8
Original post by Mimsycrafts
I think you need to take time out of education and seek some serious professional help with your mental health.

Posted from TSR Mobile

mate, i've done that every single january since 2012!!! it ends up in more sadness
Reply 9
I can kind of relate to how you feel and I'll say this; do not worry about how others see you in College. You will forget about them in a few weeks (if not that very soon) after you finish your course and they won't either remember or care about you do in the long run, which is not a bad thing at all. I say I can 'kind of' relate because I felt like this in the first year of college, I felt it was pointless to continue and all people would do make fun of me. I'm glad I didn't in the end, and you won't be if you want to achieve your uni dreams. Not to sound patronizing, but learn from this experience and the upcoming experience. I wanted to quit so many times, but it would have gotten me nowhere, and I'm thankful that I didn't.
Original post by _-_Ella_-_
Just think, they don't actually no you. Therefore they are not valid to say anything about you. Stick with it and get the highest you can get to prove them wrong. Perhaps they are just jealous of you.

jealous of me? unlikely. its more of me being jealous of them espicially the girl i like so badly..
mate, i've done that every single january since 2012!!! it ends up in more sadness

Then are you following the techniques and stuff you get taught?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mimsycrafts
Then are you following the techniques and stuff you get taught?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Techniques dont last on me, i've been taking antidepressants instead
Nothing wrong with being a loner my friend, I have been a loner for years. It's how you vibe it.

Check this out http://lonerwolf.com/
Nothing wrong with being a loner my friend, I have been a loner for years. It's how you vibe it.

Check this out http://lonerwolf.com/

This upsets me more :frown:

I have depression and my antidepressants has messed up my mind. I'm 19, studying an access course (as a last chance to uni) but anxiety almost got me kicked out of college (it would have been an education history to get kicked out 3 times). I have been re-thinking over this miserable christmas... is it worth destroying my uni dreams just because people see me as a loner (honestly i dont know what they see me as, i usually call myself a loner because my dad calls me that everyday)?

You class yourself as a loner it seems, no one else. Other lack or interaction with you is due to your lack of interaction with them.
Owt wrong with having a chat with your old man on the daily. I did it when I was at college, i do while i'm working

Should i just give up and do a teaching Assistant apprenticeship just for the money or do i dare myself next year to do BTEC Music and be in a class with 16 year olds losers?

Why are you calling them loosers? You don't know any of them! Why such a negative attitude? This will reflect out. Look at the back of your hand. This is what you project to other people. If on your side of your hand you're negative that will show on the other side. Now you know its an alright hand. But its not what people see.

i have made countless threads on this for months now and so far responses has been too little to impact on.

I also want to leave because i feel that a girl who im sooo much in love with (but have 0 chance to get close to her) is irriatting me. I cant stand the ****ing bastards being close to her and i can't stand my so-called friend (lets just say the only person i talk to in the class) slowly getting close to her as well. If i was popular i would have literally had the *******s to do something about her but i dont :frown:

Its infatuation, not love. You dont have the *******s to do anything as youre scared. Its nothing to be ashamed about. Anxiety and depression are very hard to overcome. I forced myself to overcome them. I wont state here how ive done it as people will call my a liar but if you want to know. PM me

What are your dreams and how would you get there? Stick with that plan. Not being liked socially and having an infatuation with one girl is such a menial thing, it really is

Quote abuse!
Original post by Sam Walters
Quote abuse!

ok then... I'm not being negative in my thread, its realistically how i see things.

how im i infatuated with the girl??? i cant control myself when i see her and it sometimes upsets me when she is talking to other boys.. i think its a good reason for me to leave.

My career plan realistically is to be a teacher but this looks so unlikely thats why i metioned doing the dead end apprenticeship or the btec music.. without no degree i could (possibly) teach in fe colleges with a level 3 qualfication.
how im i infatuated with the girl??? i cant control myself when i see her and it sometimes upsets me when she is talking to other boys.. i think its a good reason for me to leave.

List her likes and dislikes. Heck have you even been out with this girl, spent any quality time with her? How can you say you love her. Seems to me like you barely know her.

Its a down right illogical reason to leave.
Original post by Sam Walters
List her likes and dislikes. Heck have you even been out with this girl, spent any quality time with her? How can you say you love her. Seems to me like you barely know her.

Its a down right illogical reason to leave.

I have never been out with this girl at all. i worked with her in groups and thats it. She caught me bunking once and i acted very retarded to her because of how hot she is.. i know after than experience see shes me as weird.

I like her because she is hot, friendly, has nice bum and i think cool. my MAIN dislike is the way she has grown popularity. when we started she was quiet but as time goes by, she seems to get more and more popular and more closer to boys
I like her because she is hot, friendly, has nice bum and i think cool.

You call it love? I call it you fancying the girl. Jesus mate. You're considering quitting the course and wasting x number of years because you are attracted to her? Seriously. Don't do that whatever you do. You're in no worse state then when you met her. Your life carries on as normal. What I suggest you do is sit this course out and try to talk to as many people as you can. Its tough but do it. So what if people think you're odd, weird or whatever else?

Not caring about the opinions of others in something like your situations and just cracking on is only a good thing. It shows you're comfortable in yourself and you naturally convey confidence. Now this will help you with all people. Not just members of the opposing sex that you're attracted too.

So people think your odd when you're trying to work on your social anxiety. Sod it in 6 months time or however long you have left on your course you're unlikely to see most of these people again.

PM me if you want and ill talk to you about this further on skype or whatever. Ill never let anyone know whom you are. Its your choice. I just know how bad I was this time last year and how much of a state I was in and how far ive come from there and the process ive gone through. For me it was a **** load of trial and error and critical thinking about the world and thus applying theories. Take the chance. Youll loose nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending