Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

If i was to Quit College because of being seen as the Loner Watch

OK, this is what im thinking

I will give myself until half term if i should leave because of these points

1. My teacher still hasnt sent my ucas
    2. The constant invisbility in the class and outside of class is getting worse
    3. If work becomes so intolerable (actually is already is but i blame this on my antidepressants)
    4. If i smell 'piss taking' or beginning of bullying'
    5. If the attendance is still **** and the teacher hints on me if i should leave or get excluded

These are my thoughts and actions. I think also i should start being mean if i feel people are acting like a **** around me. Comment if i should agree on these points

try and get through it

i was in your situation a couple of years ago

(Original post by *Thedreaming*)
    try and get through it

i was in your situation a couple of years ago
    How did you cope??

i really wanted the A levels so that was my focus

i tried to shrug off annoying behavior from other students and really focused on the end result

it was very tough though.

(Original post by *Thedreaming*)
    i really wanted the A levels so that was my focus

i tried to shrug off annoying behavior from other students and really focused on the end result

it was very tough though.
    But do you have any mental health issues, like anxiety??

With mental health issues its ****ing harder to succeed

(Original post by Anonymous)
    But do you have any mental health issues, like anxiety??

With mental health issues its ****ing harder to succeed
    I do to an extent.

I had already failed my A -level AS year due to similar problems so i couldn't do it twice

I'm having similar problems at uni but i am focusing on the end goal of the degree. my grades have suffered a bit though.

I know where you are coming from.

ReputationRep:
    You need to pull yourself together mate it may seem hard now but you are at sixth form to get to uni so who cares if people think you are a loner. Not long left now anyways

ReputationRep:
    You're at college to get grades, not make friends, really. That's the blunt reality. The friends are just a nice bonus, and makes time pass easier.
    Do what you have to do, and seek professional mental health psychological services - don't just pop pills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Your in college. You must learn to like yourself.
    I want to steer the OP into committing some type of Columbine massacre. However, I get the sense that would be considered rather mean spirited?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    You're at college to get grades, not make friends, really. That's the blunt reality. The friends are just a nice bonus, and makes time pass easier.
    Do what you have to do, and seek professional mental health psychological services - don't just pop pills.
    Yes, you need allies not friends during your A levels. When I go into my A level class, I view everyone else as pieces of trash to be eliminated and my grades are constantly improving. A levels are a marathon not a sprint.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookoffive)
    I want to steer the OP into committing some type of Columbine massacre. However, I get the sense that would be considered rather mean spirited?
    Giving in to murderous impulses over something so mundane would only further cement his own inferiority.

(Original post by neal95)
    You need to pull yourself together mate it may seem hard now but you are at sixth form to get to uni so who cares if people think you are a loner. Not long left now anyways
    No, im doing an access course full of adults who ARE MEANT TO ACT MATURE. It's for health reasons that i feel like quitting.. i dont want to end up in a mental hospital

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.