Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How to deal with the pain of Pakistani boyfriend marrying another girl? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musie Suzie)
    I also feel this way, though of course I come from a totally different culture.

But STILL.
    I understand how culture plays a big part in his life but (without this sounding like a fairytale) if it's really love then surely he could look past all the obstacles. I don't know,that's just me.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaahaha this culture needs updating?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watch Citizen Khan and you will understand why the parents don't want anything other than Pakistani.

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad for you..... its happened to me we fell in love.... he went for his 6 week 'holiday' then bam i found out through fb he gt married..... its torn me apart..... if he wont fight for you move on hun.....you will suffer terribly xx

ReputationRep:
    show his parents Dina and Sid and just be like 'they can do it so can we'

ReputationRep:
    You deserve it.

Over 2 years later and I've found this thread. Still in the same situation, but becoming more real than ever. Wish I had listened to a lot of this advice and ended this a lot earlier in some ways.. But in other ways I've had the best few years of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Over 2 years later and I've found this thread. Still in the same situation, but becoming more real than ever. Wish I had listened to a lot of this advice and ended this a lot earlier in some ways.. But in other ways I've had the best few years of my life.
    Still in the same situation? Damn :/

(Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    Still in the same situation? Damn :/
    I know, mad isn't it? Should be reaching a conclusion soon though. He's going to tell his family after valentine's day (simply because breaking up before valentine's day is just depressing..) and we'll go from there! Scary stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    pm me id like to talk to you sister

ReputationRep:
    This is the most sad post I've ever seen on here. I feel so sorry for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wow how did it go?

(Original post by hl_18)
    wow how did it go?
    Ongoing

ReputationRep:
    I think you have to leave him 😥

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.