Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Deleted

ReputationRep:
    from speaking to admissions officers, they prefer experience over anything! if you can reflect well on it. To be honest you're in a fantastic position when applying for medicine!

Wish you all the best next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam00)
    I also have 4 months part time experience as a pharmacy counter assistant, which I did whilst still working full time in micro and studying for a science gcse, however I gave the position up due finding it 'too much'. Do you think I should also mention this?
    mention it if you're able to refect from it! ie. draw some soft skills from the job like Listening, teamworking skills etc
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam00)
    Thanks, my position has a lot to do with medicine and healthcare, I give results to doctors each day wishing I was the doctor receiving the result to then go on to deal with the patient. However being a doctor you need the whole package, excellent communication, fantastic problem solving skills etc, neither of which possess. Really need to figure out a way to improve those skills and gain some shadowing experience in the wards and community to reflect on
    It sounds like you've got the right idea to prepare for your application look at the subject specific guidance in my signature for more help

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.