ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silentscar97)
    Ahh got confused there.

anyways im somali too and thought i'd join the thread
    Don't worry, the more the merrier : )

ReputationRep:
    Do you eat camel and how does it taste?

ReputationRep:
    People often ask how many siblings you have because the stereotype is that Somalis have a lot of siblings. And yes 5 sisters is a lot! Anymore than 4 siblings is seen as a massive family.

ReputationRep:
    Bariis or baasto?

Do you plan on staying in Britian forever or settling elsewhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why do you feel Somalians have such a bad reputation compared to most nationalities in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenkinsear)
    Why do you feel Somalians have such a bad reputation compared to most nationalities in the UK?
    LOOOOOOOOOOL

where'd you get that from?, somali's hardly have a reputation in the UK....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Do you eat camel and how does it taste?
    Nope never had it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEAN!)
    People often ask how many siblings you have because the stereotype is that Somalis have a lot of siblings. And yes 5 sisters is a lot! Anymore than 4 siblings is seen as a massive family.
    Tbf, Somalis on average do have larger families than say an average Brit family . I don't think anything more than 4 is MASSIVE. Big families are the best its just a lot of fun, I think. Being an only child would just be horrible : p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compact)
    Bariis or baasto?

Do you plan on staying in Britian forever or settling elsewhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    #TeamBariis all day erryday

I'm not sure really, ultimately the goal is to go to Somalia, but I can see myself in Britain for the foreseeable future.

Ps. Bariis= rice and Baasto= pasta. Somalis usually have one or the other for dinner almost. Every. Single. Day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenkinsear)
    I'd think there are a lot of other nationalities that have a far worse rep than we do. I don't usually hear too much bad stuff about Somalis. Obviously not going to delude myself and say we are perfect.

What do you think the Somali stereotype is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkyradiator)
    Its just delicious! Have you tried it?

Nope

ReputationRep:
    Do you live in Somalia?Do you support any football club?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    I have no racial preference, in all fairness. I just want to see where my options lie. I myself am Tanzanian/Omani and I'm not really intwined with even my own cultures, as I've grown up in London which is a multi-cultural society. I dislike this idea of racial segregation but then I suppose most of our parents are immigrants here and don't have that level of understanding so force their kids into the same mindset. I try not to judge those whom I feel are racist (to be blunt) but I mean.. it's unislamic in itself I would say.
    You're Omani? O_o

I was born in Oman....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Do you live in Somalia?Do you support any football club?
    Nope, I live in Britain. I'm a bit of a glory hunter so no not really.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.