Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

As a Yes voters, I believe Scotland should have it's own forum for Scottish Politics Watch

ReputationRep:
    As a Yes Scotland/SNP/Alex Salmond/Nicola Sturgeon supporter I do believe Scotland is entitled to it's own forum on TSR for Scottish Politics.

Then again, this perhaps illustrates that the UK Government still regard Scotland as a pet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ModernHistorian)
    As a Yes Scotland/SNP/Alex Salmond/Nicola Sturgeon supporter I do believe Scotland is entitled to it's own forum on TSR for Scottish Politics.

Then again, this perhaps illustrates that the UK Government still regard Scotland as a pet.
    A pet that has produced two out of the last three prime ministers and chancellors of the exchequer?

ReputationRep:
    England accounts for a majority of the UK economy, Scottish exports account for a great deal of the economy. This is not fair. We make up a large part, yet are disregarded.

I do not wish to argue, I was simply stating a point of view which many have - including myself.

I have nothing to argue with about the result as you are correct. However, Scotland needs to be give the respect it deserves and the powers which it requires to be an affluent and prosperous country.

Luckily for us, SNP numbers are doubling day-by-day.

ReputationRep:
    Surely, following 'The Vow' more people would agree that Scotland deserves more powers?

A simple forum for Scottish Politics alone would not harm anyone - would it?

ReputationRep:
    England accounts for a majority of the UK economy, Scottish exports account for a great deal of the economy. This is not fair. We make up a large part, yet are disregarded.

I do not wish to argue, I was simply stating a point of view which many have - including myself.

I have nothing to argue with about the result as you are correct. However, Scotland needs to be give the respect it deserves and the powers which it requires to be an affluent and prosperous country.

It is difficult for you to argue because your talking rubbish.

SNP numbers are increasing, but so are UKIP numbers. Both increases are worrying for the normal person in the street.

ReputationRep:

Respect? I think it's time the English are given a bit more respect by the scots

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJAKEE)
    Respect? I think it's time the English are given a bit more respect by the scots

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mr Jakee. Modern historian is a Scottish nationalist and therefore he believes that somehow Scotland has been a victim.

He is asking for respect to be shown because he has educated his self on websites such as wingsoverscotland. A website run by a moon howler in Bath.

Modern historian has never left Scotland and has experienced little in life and has convinced himself that his limited life experience is the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    It is difficult for you to argue because your talking rubbish.

SNP numbers are increasing, but so are UKIP numbers. Both increases are worrying for the normal person in the street.
    I don't take any sides for an independent or not Scotland, but everyone knows SNP which has Asian members and is multicultural is far better alternative than UKIP and it's racism and homophobia and pro death penalty shown by many of it's members.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guren)
    I don't take any sides for an independent or not Scotland, but everyone knows SNP which has Asian members and is multicultural is far better alternative than UKIP and it's racism and homophobia and pro death penalty shown by many of it's members.
    You do know that UKIP has many ethnic minorities in it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...p-9347369.html

UKIP has an MEP representing a Scottish constituency who's openly gay.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David...8politician%29

Merely highlighting the fact that at the moment some
    People are turning their backs on traditional political parties.

ReputationRep:
    First of all I am a female.
    Second of all I have left Scotland! I was born in England and lived there for 7 years.
    Know your facts before you personally criticise.

'MatureStudent' I can tell you now, you are far from mature.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Jakee. Modern historian is a Scottish nationalist and therefore he believes that somehow Scotland has been a victim.

He is asking for respect to be shown because he has educated his self on websites such as wingsoverscotland. A website run by a moon howler in Bath.

Modern historian has never left Scotland and has experienced little in life and has convinced himself that his limited life experience is the world.
    I can understand Scottish nationalism to a degree, but to say that Scotland accounts for a large part of the Uk is a teas bit unfounded. Yes it has about 7% of the population but it's economy would be in mush if it wasn't for the Barnett formula + the oil they have. The scots would be whining if they were independent I can tell, the SNP predicted 20% of their budget to be from oil revenues at $120 per barrel, when oil prices are around $60 per barrel currently. So where would this shortfall be prevented? Higher taxes? (Detracting foreign investment as seen in France), or how about cuts in public expenditure? (And we know how the scots react to that!), or even better, Anglophobia!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guren)
    That statement on UKIP is ignorant at best, there are homophobes & racists in every political party in the UK along with ethnic minorities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can understand Scottish nationalism to a degree, but to say that Scotland accounts for a large part of the Uk is a bit mis founded. Yes it has about 7% of the population but it's economy would be in mush if it wasn't for the Barnett formula + the oil they have. The scots would be whining if they were independent I can tell, the SNP predicted 20% of their budget to be from oil revenues at $120 per barrel, when oil prices are around $60 per barrel currently. So where would this shortfall be prevented? Higher taxes? (Detracting foreign investment as seen in France), or how about cuts in public expenditure? (And we know how the scots react to that!), or even better, Anglophobia!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'll get more sense debating evolution with a creationist than debating reality with an SNP supporter.

The next few months are going to see North Sea oil jobs hit quite hard. Expect a change from North Sea oil will pay for everything to a more victim based message from SNP hq.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guren)
    SNP is currently the only party in Scotland which will lead to a 'leftish' Government. They are the only party currently with Collectivist approach, we must ensure that this opportunity is not wasted.

UKIP scare the hell out of me. As a 16 year old, I fear greatly for my future children.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Scotland deserves its own forum no more than England, Wales or NI do. Thankfully, 'UK Politics' encompasses them all. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    You'll get more sense debating evolution with a creationist than debating reality with an SNP supporter.

The next few months are going to see North Sea oil jobs hit quite hard. Expect a change from North Sea oil will pay for everything to a more victim based message from SNP hq.
    Lmao. While I take on board a lot of left-wing politics they are just as bad as the other parties on many issues. The next couple of months will be testing to them to see whether they can deflect their problems onto Westminster and play the blame game on the Tories.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lmao. While I take on board a lot of left-wing politics they are just as bad as the other parties on many issues. The next couple of months will be testing to them to see whether they can deflect their problems onto Westminster and play the blame game on the Tories.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a grouping of Yes Campaigners still suffering from their, understandable when you put your heart into something and it fails, unfortunately they are still sounding off in their little echo chamber with little recourse to outside realities. Even more unfortunate is that they are obnoxiously shrill making it harder for the level headed and more pragmatic to be heard over their cacophony of wibble.

ReputationRep:
    A pet that has produced two out of the last three prime ministers and chancellors of the exchequer?
    In practice, Blair doesn't count as Scottish. And we wish Brown didn't.

In what way do we disrespect you? Is self-determination disrespectful?

Rev Stu is a Scot who happens to have a job in Bath. And it's very ignorant to assume someone is unworldly just because they're a nationalist.

You do know that UKIP has many ethnic minorities in it.
    Yes, we all know, UKIP like putting their few minorities right up front-and-centre. The political equivalent of "I have a black friend".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluire)
    Scotland deserves its own forum no more than England, Wales or NI do. Thankfully, 'UK Politics' encompasses them all. :mmm:
    A seperate one for each then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalDem)
    In practice, Blair doesn't count as Scottish. And we wish Brown didn't.

In what way do we disrespect you? Is self-determination disrespectful?

Rev Stu is a Scot who happens to have a job in Bath. And it's very ignorant to assume someone is unworldly just because they're a nationalist.

Yes, we all know, UKIP like putting their few minorities right up front-and-centre. The political equivalent of "I have a black friend".
    Self-determination? They have self-determination in the UK currently! It's disrespectful how the English are constantly having to change the rules and subsidise Scotland to keep the union with Scotland, how the blame is put on London and many of the southern England for Scotland's inability during the 1970s to diversify its economy so reality could come during Thatcher. That's just some of the things that come to mind when I think of disrespectful Scottish nationalists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.