(Original post by stealth_writer)
In your opinion
1) Which has the highest starting salary?
2) Highest long-term Salary ceiling? ie Best banker vs best trader- who could earn more?
3) Worst hours?
4) Most competitive
5) Best exit opportunities ?
6) Your preference?
I'm a former IB Intern/Grad Scheme/Post Grad scheme analyst. Here's my take on it:
1) Very similar. Don't make your decision based on that.
2) Trader probably. P&L contributions are very tangible, and pay generally more performance based (mixture of team's performance and individual's performance)
3) IB. Every day of the week I would be taunted by S&T people when they were leaving.
4) It's all very competitive.
5) I would say IB, as the skills are very transferrable to most areas of financial services, as well as going to work company side (internal M&A teams, finance divisions etc)
6) I did IB, so I'll say IB to make it all worthwhile...
...for the 2nd time this year