Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

St Dominic's Sixth Form College 2014- 2015 thread Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want to go to St Doms?
    Yes
    70.00%
    No
    20.00%
    Not sure
    10.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UltimateLad1)
    Group A you?
    Im also group A, got the email yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UltimateLad1)
    Group A you?

Group C, are you from a partner school?

(Original post by YounesB)
    Group C, are you from a partner school?
    no

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd have gone here, solely because my name is Dominic.

ReputationRep:
    2nd year student here doing Chemistry Maths Economics (English Lit last year)... I know lots and lots about St Doms and am happy to answer (have answered many questions before on TSR, my thread is here)

Good luck to all those getting offers/admission seminar day invites...I got my invite but didn't go lol (had a trip) but still got in. Well worth going though, Doms is a nice place and it's good to get a feel.

You can ask me any questions here or on the other thread

(Original post by Exceptional)
    I wish I'd have gone here, solely because my name is Dominic.
    But are you a Saint?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dylann;53978511]2nd year student here doing Chemistry Maths Economics (English Lit last year)... I know lots and lots about St Doms and am happy to answer (have answered many questions before on TSR, my thread is here)

Good luck to all those getting offers/admission seminar day invites...I got my invite but didn't go lol (had a trip) but still got in. Well worth going though, Doms is a nice place and it's good to get a feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are most the people there catholic or Christian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theworkkid)

Are most the people there catholic or Christian?
    Not a majority no. Loads of people from other faiths, don't worry

ReputationRep:
    If I don't have an invite to the seminar does that mean I don't have a chance of getting in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    If I don't have an invite to the seminar does that mean I don't have a chance of getting in?

It definitely doesn't affect your chances. I got in, and at least half a dozen people who I know got in, without being invited to the seminar. Plus it also says on the email sent to those invited to the seminar that it doesn't mean they have an offer, as offer decisions are made in late March. So no, it does not mean that you have no chance of getting in if you're not invited to the seminar

ReputationRep:
    So, what exactly does a seminar invite mean for an applicant and how do they choose? And also, do they call people for an interview?

ReputationRep:
    When I applied for 6th forms I was doing triple science but now I dropped out of triple because the work load was too much. Will this affect my chances Of getting in?

ReputationRep:
    Let them know but nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    When I applied for 6th forms I was doing triple science but now I dropped out of triple because the work load was too much. Will this affect my chances Of getting in?
    Naa is doesn't,

As long as you got 7 or over then you're fine.

Just be consistent in your grades

ReputationRep:
    hello i've applied and went to the admissions seminar a couple of weeks ago but forgot to ask about class sizes, what are they like?

ReputationRep:
    They said round 17 I think

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a reply from St Some because apparently some people have so I was just curious?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theworkkid)
    Has anyone got a reply from St Some because apparently some people have so I was just curious?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was the reply suppose to say

ReputationRep:
    If you had an offer or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I received a reply today

I got an offer!

Have to get GPA of 6.5

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.