Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    okay. i've realised that my new job will earn me a pittance, so i need to become a hustler :cool:

how much should i price some old gameboy games at on ebay? i'm planning on auctioning my soul on there. got to get me my plastic surgery before uni. :rolleyes: yup. i'm shallow.

( yeah. i know i'll get f all for them too.)

ReputationRep:
    Have a look and see how much other people are selling them for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spig)
    okay. i've realised that my new job will earn me a pittance, so i need to become a hustler :cool:

how much should i price some old gameboy games at on ebay? i'm planning on auctioning my soul on there. got to get me my plastic surgery before uni. :rolleyes: yup. i'm shallow.

( yeah. i know i'll get f all for them too.)
    I hate ebay.

I just tried to buy a semi dry suit.

I kept on adding money onto my bid and it still hasn't met it's reserve.

The reserve appears to be a secret.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah, reserves are secrets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Well yeah, reserves are secrets.
    That's just silly.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. It's the seller's discretion what they want their product going for at least.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not going to get anything for them. they're not even 'gameboy colour' games. hope someone likes retro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Not really. It's the seller's discretion what they want their product going for at least.
    I know but I just keep on adding more money to it...

Will the seller still consider selling it to you if you're near the reserve??

ReputationRep:
    might sell some hair straighteners. i'm literally scouring my room here. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spig)
    i'm not going to get anything for them. they're not even 'gameboy colour' games. hope someone likes retro
    I think they're worth more - there was a whole revival thing...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if you can take your reserve off tbh, but I doubt it. You set the reserve when you list your item, so if no bids meet it, then it won't be sold.

ReputationRep:
    ebay is not as straightforward as it initially seems. have to figure out the postage etc. etc.

i think i can get abt 2 quid per game, maybe more for some. not too bad. i have abt 10. i might keep one for a bit of nostalgia.

ReputationRep:
    why dont you sell it as a collection of gameboy games.

start the auction at 99p then use another account to increase the bid amount** that way you save on reserve fees and make your auction more attractive to bidders

**shilling is illegal and can get you kicked off ebay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben_g_ali)
    why dont you sell it as a collection of gameboy games.

start the auction at 99p then use another account to increase the bid amount** that way you save on reserve fees and make your auction more attractive to bidders

**shilling is illegal and can get you kicked off ebay

i know i'm going to sound really stupid, but how will this make it more attractive? via me putting a higher price for the 'fake' account so my real one looks better value?

btw. how are ebay's 'insertion fees' quantified?

ReputationRep:
    Sod ebay, locate a Gameboy game collector, and sell them to them, they will most likely give you a bit more then you will get off ebay. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndrew)
    Sod ebay, locate a Gameboy game collector, and sell them to them, they will most likely give you a bit more then you will get off ebay. :cool:
    i don't think they're particularly rare games though so a gamecollector would most likely have them. plus where the hell would i find one of these people Andy Pandy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spig)
    i don't think they're particularly rare games though so a gamecollector would most likely have them. plus where the hell would i find one of these people Andy Pandy?
    Good point

Not sure, but asking people who work in computer game shops, to put the word around, and see who wants them... Seems a waste of time really..

Ebay sounds like a less hassle sort of option..

ReputationRep:
    Good point

Not sure, but asking people who work in computer game shops, to put the word around, and see who wants them... Seems a waste of time really..

Ebay sounds like a less hassle sort of option..

you are a very gracious man andrew.

are you aan insomniac by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spig)
    you are a very gracious man andrew.

are you aan insomniac by any chance?
    :proud:

Yeap i am an insomniac...

ReputationRep:
    :proud:

Yeap i am an insomniac...

me too.

big style

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.