Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Girls, what gift would you consider 'cute / sweet / thoughtful?' Watch

ReputationRep:
    So girls, if you had a friend of the opposite gender (who likes you ) and who lives on a different continent all together...
    They're going to send you a gift in the mail, as a girl, what gift would you be really touched by receiving? What would make you think, 'he's cute?'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm it really depends on the girl I guess.
    But maybe some traditional jewellery from the area you are from?

ReputationRep:
    All girls would dig this guy no doubt.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=349935&stc=1
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg patrickpic1.jpg (14.7 KB)

ReputationRep:
    Again, depends on the girl, but something homemade always adds an extra layer of meaning

ReputationRep:
    I'd like a necklace and some area/country specific candy

ReputationRep:
    neil sedaka CD many chocolates bambi soft toy a book a mug chocolates celine dion a nice plant and some pens

ReputationRep:
    Look on here; http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/gi...ipient/for-her they have some lovely personalized gifts, could give you some ideas, for my long distance boyfriend we got each other small bottles of each others perfume which was lovely, things from childhood is always a nice touch, he recently got me a ps1 with loads of games i played as a child :') maybe an old book that means a lot to her, or a bottle filled with all the reasons you're friends/ good times together/ things you've said which you found funny.. sentimental stuff is always the best

ReputationRep:
    keys to my new ferrari

ReputationRep:
    Try and make it personal or something:

As a christmas card I drew out the whole molecule of oxytocin for a girl and she "LOVED IT!!!!" - She knows I'm really into science because of the A-levels I'm studying and always calls me a "smart guy" :cool:.

So if you know she knows something you're into or you know something she is into, then yes; I guess personal gifts are some of the best ones.

I know you're asking for girls specifically but sometimes it's better to get ideas from a larger sample, hence both genders .

ReputationRep:
    Something small related to one of her hobbies or interests. If she's in a "fandom" e.g. Doctor Who, Harry Potter, or likes any kind of TV show, movie or game (or whatever) a lot, there will be lots of little things available on places like Etsy that can be shipped inexpensively.

If she likes music, maybe a mix CD or playlist of songs you think she'll like that remind you of her. Being far away might make things difficult, so maybe something digital might be a good idea?

Does she have a pet? Maybe you could get a photo of it and get someone to paint or draw a portrait of it? I know quite a few people who did that for Christmas this year for loved ones.

ReputationRep:
    I think the most thoughtful gifts take into consideration something a girl has mentioned in the past in passing/conversation. So for example, at uni I told a friend of mine that I wish I had a bunch of teddies - was literally right at the beginning of term and on my 19th about 2 months later, he got me a bunch of teddies, champagne and chocolates which was really sweet And even the card itself, was personal to our friendship which was also nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    keys to my new ferrari
    Now, that's cute!

I think it's very sweet if instead of buying the girl something but make her something, arty crafty time
    Uh because he pour out his heart and effort?
    It feels more genuine???

Thoughtful? something is useful in everyday in life?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    keys to my new ferrari
    That would get much more than a "He's cute" I'm sure :flute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssimplyme)
    So for example, at uni I told a friend of mine that I wish I had a bunch of teddies - was literally right at the beginning of term and on my 19th about 2 months later, he got me a bunch of teddies, champagne and chocolates which was really sweet And even the card itself, was personal to our friendship which was also nice.
    What a nice friendship you have.

Anyhow it'll depend on the person, getting them a gift relating to a hobby or something they follow which is out of the ordinary (the gift, that is). Maybe they've lost/broken something with sentimental value which isn't sold anymore, but you can track it down with enough searching online.

Home made does well, like making your own cards, even if it's absolute **** which looks like a primary school child made it and spilt the glue, it really is the thought which counts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    What a nice friendship you have.

Anyhow it'll depend on the person, getting them a gift relating to a hobby or something they follow which is out of the ordinary (the gift, that is). Maybe they've lost/broken something with sentimental value which isn't sold anymore, but you can track it down with enough searching online.

Home made does well, like making your own cards, even if it's absolute **** which looks like a primary school child made it and spilt the glue, it really is the thought which counts.
    Awww, thanks.

Yeah, I definitely agree! Home made stuff is always really cute

ReputationRep:
    Keys to a Jaguar F- type convertible and fully comp insurance too I may be pushing my luck though srs, something pink like jewellry not too expensive as it is the thoughtfulness of giving me something that counts most to me. A nice piece of costume jewellry would be nice .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.