Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys! I'm sitting my mocks this January and i want to change one of my subjects to another one : GovPol to Bio. Has anyone here already gone through it? If so, did your school support your idea straightway? Also, I would appreciate any replies on how hard the change was. By the way, i know it's a bit too late, but i'm completely lost in politics + sciences seem to be easier for me.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your school really. I would talk to your head of year and subject tutors and see what can be arranged.
    However, I wouldn't recommend it at this late stage - I've only been allowed to take up Bio a week before breaking up for Christmas because I took it as a self taught subject last year (got a grade but still failed in my eyes). Anyway, what I would do is drop Gov&Pol and then take up Bio next year, this will give you the whole of the summer to get ahead on things so that you give it less of a priority next near while studying your A2s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninjasrule)
    Depends on your school really. I would talk to your head of year and subject tutors and see what can be arranged.
    However, I wouldn't recommend it at this late stage - I've only been allowed to take up Bio a week before breaking up for Christmas because I took it as a self taught subject last year (got a grade but still failed in my eyes). Anyway, what I would do is drop Gov&Pol and then take up Bio next year, this will give you the whole of the summer to get ahead on things so that you give it less of a priority next near while studying your A2s
    Ahh i see,
    The thing is i want to apply for medicine and it is super hard to get into my first choice as an international student. Soo i really do need bio now + getting A in govpol seems impossible for me
    However, i'm on scholarship, they might not allow me change the subjects
    Thank you very much for your reply anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aigerimk)
    Ahh i see,
    The thing is i want to apply for medicine and it is super hard to get into my first choice as an international student. Soo i really do need bio now + getting A in govpol seems impossible for me
    However, i'm on scholarship, they might not allow me change the subjects
    Thank you very much for your reply anyway!
    Ohhh, are you at a boarding school? :O
    Yeah, I see your problem - Bio is pretty much a requirement when applying to almost any uni to study Medicine :/
    I'd go and beg the biology teachers! You may get away with it depending on which unit they've studied up to Christmas - if it was unit 1 you have a good chance but if it was unit 2 they may have a problem with it.
    No problem and good luck!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.