Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    My firm choice for uni is Liverpool and just want to know what living there as a student is like. Anything I should be aware of apart from the bronze tans of the body builders? Pro's and Cons.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool is like... sorry the Liverpudlians robbed my sentence

ReputationRep:
    Y u chattin shyt mate? I'll Fuking slit ya throat and stab ya lad

ReputationRep:
    Constructive feedback please.

ReputationRep:
    To get a better estimate of what you may think of Liverpool, where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    For the record, there is little distinction between my not-so constructive joke and how many "liverpoolians" actually communicate.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marie_King)
    My firm choice for uni is Liverpool and just want to know what living there as a student is like. Anything I should be aware of apart from the bronze tans of the body builders? Pro's and Cons.
    I love it! The nightlife is great, shopping is amazing, there's so much to do and there's always something for everyone It's also cheap to live there which is always a bonus, people are friendly etc. Ignore all the crap about it being dangerous, obviously there are bad areas (which is the case with so many places!) but I've not once felt unsafe and I've enjoyed my time so much so far

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool John Moores was my insurance choice. I didn't get the grades I needed for my firm so I came to Liverpool, and I can honestly say that I love it. I'm even considering sticking around after uni.

The good thing about Liverpool is that it is a big enough city that you have everything you could want on your doorstep, but it is spread out enough that it doesn't feel intimidating and anonymous like big cities such as London and Manchester can at times. There are good shops in the city centre, plenty of places for delicious cake (I'm more of a cake girl than an alcohol girl), and there is a very good night-life as well.

The downside that I found when I first moved here was the accent, but you get used to that quite quickly. Also, I did get family members telling me that all of my stuff would get nicked and things like that, but that's more stereotypes than anything else. Hope that's helped a little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccac3)
    Liverpool John Moores was my insurance choice. I didn't get the grades I needed for my firm so I came to Liverpool, and I can honestly say that I love it. I'm even considering sticking around after uni.

The good thing about Liverpool is that it is a big enough city that you have everything you could want on your doorstep, but it is spread out enough that it doesn't feel intimidating and anonymous like big cities such as London and Manchester can at times. There are good shops in the city centre, plenty of places for delicious cake (I'm more of a cake girl than an alcohol girl), and there is a very good night-life as well.

The downside that I found when I first moved here was the accent, but you get used to that quite quickly. Also, I did get family members telling me that all of my stuff would get nicked and things like that, but that's more stereotypes than anything else. Hope that's helped a little
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I've lived here since I was born, and I love it. Yes, some people aren't exactly the most friendly, but that's the case everywhere across the world. Bad stereotypes made from lies just make us seem like worse people.

Anyway, the city centre (where I go out most often) is amazing. There's so much to do, and there's nearly always some kind of event going on. The amount of shops squeezed into that area is just staggering as well. I can't say too much about the nightlife or university, considering I'm only 15, but I'm sure they're good if other people say they are.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.