Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im .. scared Fitz doesn't ask for submission of any essays .. I looked on the website although i still haven't heard a thing from Cambridge or Fitz!! I most probably have been rejected without interview haha and my languages teacher is doing a mock interview thing soon.. so they better hurry up otherwise.. not much point in me doing it.... If i work really really hard from now until the Interview period I should easily be able to nail to interview tests because I can handle the grammar! Essays are not bad either....

ReputationRep:
    Okay, after reading all this, i am suddenly very afraid.
    but moving on;

i need to do some idle french lit reading, so i have something vaguely interesting to talk about in the interview...
    any suggestions of some stuff i could read? nothing too difficult, please. it would probably be the proverbial butterfly that causes my self destruction...

ta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucylemon)
    Okay, after reading all this, i am suddenly very afraid.
    but moving on;

i need to do some idle french lit reading, so i have something vaguely interesting to talk about in the interview...
    any suggestions of some stuff i could read? nothing too difficult, please. it would probably be the proverbial butterfly that causes my self destruction...

ta
    You could go for history instead, French history's very interesting and i guess it would be better to talk about at interview (Friend Or Foe by Alistair Horne was quite good). If you do french lit at school, i was told to finish reading set texts and stuff. Dont think you need to read loads tho. Le Grand Meaulnes is really good too, i m readin it atm. Chilled out 1890s stuff. Good luck anyways. What college are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading Sartre's Nausée at the moment...it's pretty depressing.. I wouldn't recommend colette either - her writings are really superficial. However I enjoyed some works by Camus..Sagan (Bonjour Tristesse is probably the only one you should bother reading..her other works are feeble in comparison)..Ionesco (Rhinocéros is a masterpiece..). I would also recommend some short plays like L'avare or le misanthrope by molière and maybe some poems by Baudelaire (although they do get quite heavy and depressing) - Spleen et Idéal is very good for compare and contrast (part of les fleurs du mal). I have also been recommended Le Zèbre by Alexandre Jardin but haven't got around to reading it yet..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjamin885)
    Shameful.
    HAVE YOU READ IT? - it's not an easy novel to understand and i've been putting it off...it's a bit daunting... - still I feel pretty well prepared..well i hope that i am..

ReputationRep:
    i'll have a go at some of those.
    I'm applying to queens, .

Thank you so much guys!

x

ReputationRep:
    I recommend Le Grand Meaulnes and Bonjour Tristesse. Le Grand Meaulnes was the only French books I wrote on my personal statement and I spent lots of my interview talking about it.

The building at Peterhouse for whoever asked was the William Stone building.

ReputationRep:
    Tourists blocking the entrance to the William Stone Building! Dear God, what has the world come to. They must have seriously run out of photographs to take down King's Parade...

ReputationRep:
    Interview...this month...:eek: :eek: :eek: ...too soon - TOO SOOOOON!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucho22)
    Interview...this month...:eek: :eek: :eek: ...too soon - TOO SOOOOON!
    Wooo, that is soon!! Just got mine through today, 4th december :eek: !!!!!

Clare havent said anything about work yet...!
    And it says about a test i have to do, passage in english, 3 q's, 1 to be answered in foreign lanaguge, other 2 in english, pretty scary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duck and Cover)
    Wooo, that is soon!! Just got mine through today, 4th december :eek: !!!!!

Clare havent said anything about work yet...!
    And it says about a test i have to do, passage in english, 3 q's, 1 to be answered in foreign lanaguge, other 2 in english, pretty scary!
    Yeh it's scary...could you give me some input on my thread about written work that i posted an hour ago...getting really worried about the implications!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary2688)
    Tourists blocking the entrance to the William Stone Building! Dear God, what has the world come to. They must have seriously run out of photographs to take down King's Parade...
    They've cottoned on to the fact that one day, WSB is going to take off. Then their photos will be worth loads.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.