Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Being rejected isn't nice ! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths and cheesecake)
    I was rejected for the first time in a very long time last night, and guess what I felt self-doubt, insecurity and all the other cringy feelings creeping in on me.

I am trying to reflect on it and turn it into a positive, any tips ?

the girl rejected me, she said she wouldn't give her phone number to be because she don't know me, her body language was friendly and she laughed and smiled alot, so I am sort of pissed off why she was sending me mix signals. If I was rejected by a boring person who didn't give me much of an reaction, I think I would rationalize it in my head to be their fault and that they were asocial, however this girl was extremely social and had a bubbly personality.

I think she was just BS testing me and I wasn't man enough to step up and sweep her of her feet.

No matter, I am not at the stage of dealing with rejection which is new to me as it hasn't happened in a very long time.
    You actually asked a girl for her number? This to me is amazing.
    Walk away with the knowledge that you tried, rather than left without knowing.

ReputationRep:
    If someone aint interested then you will get rejected, I rejected this chick at coffee shop today cuz I wasn't interested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    The problem is when you met her you had in your mind "must end this encounter with getting her number", you can't interact with girls normally if this is on your mind all the time.

You just know when it's right to ask for someone's number because you can feel the interaction has gone well. Most of the time if you ask for someone's number and they don't give it, it's because you haven't read the social signals.

Just focus on improving yourself and your communication skills rather than focusing on the outcome of getting a girl's number.

You don't have to do things to impress a girl, if you are a good conversationalist, are interesting company, good at listening not just talking and make a girl enjoy spending time with you then girls will want you to have their number - not necessarily random girls on the street that will always be suspicious if you just approach them out of the blue - I mean girls you meet through social interactions, college, uni, work, nights out with friends and so on.

The problem with a lot of advice for guys on the internet these days like PUA, alpha websites and whatever is it makes guys approach an interaction with a girl with a playbook approach, open by doing this set move, then do this, then do this, close with asking for her number. So the guys think that if she doesn't give her number then they have done something wrong in executing the plays. It's far better to be natural with a girl and make her enjoy having a conversation with you then she is likely to want to spend time with you again: this doesn't mean she's going to get with you, she might have a boyfriend or she might just not fancy you, but she will want to spend time with you and if your goal is to find a girlfriend then the more girls you are networked with and have the approval of the better as you will get introduced to single girls through their friends and you already have some of the PR work done for you if another girl rates you highly.
    I have nice conversations with girls at bars or on a night out all the time, but I am not attracted to all of them.

If I am, I will definitely not shy away from asking for her contacts.

meeting girls through friends isn't ideal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upagumtree)
    You actually asked a girl for her number? This to me is amazing.
    Walk away with the knowledge that you tried, rather than left without knowing.
    something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Pssh rejection builds character.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.