Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Age when losing virginity Watch

ReputationRep:
    15 which when I think back was really young but I was a guy full of testosterone, and matured pretty early

ReputationRep:
    I was 15, boyfriend at the time was 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Med_Geek)
    22 and I'm a virgin. Age shouldn't be of concern in these matters, it should all come down to you feeling 100% ready to have sex rather than imposing a timeframe on it to happen (if you are indeed worried about not having lost it).
    I agree, if you take it as a given that you'll have sex eventually then it's not so important to lose it within a specific timeframe

ReputationRep:
    3 months before turning 16

ReputationRep:
    Five months into being 15. He was emotionally manipulative and abusive and I was definitely pressured into it, although I didn't realise this or grow to hate him until much later. Although I regret the time I wasted being miserable in the relationship, I hardly ever think about the fact I lost my virginity to him. I guess I just don't really care about virginity, never really did.

ReputationRep:
    I was 17

ReputationRep:
    17, i was hammered and lost it to a guy who i didn't even like.
    i hate the concept of virginity.

ReputationRep:
    25 and still a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    17, still a Virgin. I have a boyfriend but I don't feel ready yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    16 & a virgin. Feel like I won't be ready for a long time :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    21. We aren't together now but are friends

ReputationRep:
    18 and still a virgin, but let's just say that I have the "wrong equipment" right now

I'll probably wait until I've had my full 'sex change'.

Then I'll wait until I'm with someone long-term and we're ready for it, so I'll probably wait much longer than most. I'll transition fully and then fall in real love, and mentally mature and then decide when I'm ready before I do it. So gonna be a pretty long wait, but I want it to be worth it. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow Student)
    18 and still a virgin, but let's just say that I have the "wrong equipment" right now

I'll probably wait until I've had my full 'sex change'.

Then I'll wait until I'm with someone long-term and we're ready for it, so I'll probably wait much longer than most. I'll transition fully and then fall in real love, and mentally mature and then decide when I'm ready before I do it. So gonna be a pretty long wait, but I want it to be worth it. :yy:
    So you are a biological female? Just curious ^^

Was 13 (Year 9) when I lost it to a Year 11, when he left the school post-GCSE (a couple of weeks after) neither of us felt any desire to keep the relationship going. He's now engaged to someone else, I'm doing AS Levels. Not had any desire to do it since. I personally don't think it matters when/how, it should just feel right for you. Nor should anyone judge what age someone else feels ready. Go for it when it feels right ������

ReputationRep:
    imo if you are a boy aim to loose it at around 11-14 girl 16 onwards

ReputationRep:
    19 and still a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    So you are a biological female? Just curious ^^
    My two X chromosomes say yes. But I identify as male so yeah, I am a trans guy. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow Student)
    My two X chromosomes say yes. But I identify as male so yeah, I am a trans guy. :cool:
    Interesting stuff. +1 to your comment before.

I could've lost my virginity earlier this summer, at the age of 18. However, I chose not to because I feel I'm still going through puberty and still developing

ReputationRep:

Pretty perfect experience to be honest.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2015
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.