ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou 22)
    I never great minds must think alike.
    what else are u thinking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rakib567)
    what else are u thinking?
    Does my bum look big in this dress?

I am in my pj’s lol but I am thinking this guy is the same age as me it will be my 70th next weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kandykissesxox)
    you're mad
    Because...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou 22)
    Does my bum look big in this dress?

I am in my pj’s lol but I am thinking this guy is the same age as me it will be my 70th next weekend
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rakib567)
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I lost mine at 19, which was almost a threesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackThunder10)
    I lost mine at 19, which was almost a threesome
    Hmm I'm curious, care to share:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Some of the stuff on this thread is ridikulously funny. Y'all are too much

But i have a question for all the virgins here. At what point in a relationship would you give up your virginity to your SO? E.g. Can't wait to have sex, will lose it first chance; after first date; after third date; after proposal/moving in; after marriage...when?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    15 for me - but only like a week before my 16th birthday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie-3)
    Some of the stuff on this thread is ridikulously funny. Y'all are too much

But i have a question for all the virgins here. At what point in a relationship would you give up your virginity to your SO? E.g. Can't wait to have sex, will lose it first chance; after first date; after third date; after proposal/moving in; after marriage...when?
    I would say it is different because I am a virgin. I would choose to wait for a long time like at least 3 months because I would regret losing it with someone I then decide would be the wrong choice.

I dated someone when I was 16/17 at the beginning of sixth form until about a month after my birthday. So overall about 4 and half months. Turned out that while we are still friends we were not emotionally mature enough to have a full on intimate relationship beyond the cuddles and occasional kiss. I feel I have to have such a strong connection not just sexually but also emotionally and also as a friend (if I can have a bit of banter with them and discuss normal topics as well as relationship talk.)

However, after I lose my virginity I don't think I would need to wait as long when I am in a relationship.

but I am only 18 going on 19 and I don't feel I need to rush it at all. I don't agree with one night stands so if I keep my ideologies then it will probably be a while when I actually lose it.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murielle)
    Hmm I'm curious, care to share:sexface:
    Just say I pulled two girls in a club at uni, went back to one of their rooms, one the girls got cold feet, but the room owner was pretty much #dtf

p.s. I think losing your virginity is overrated tbh, you feel no different after them 4mins.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    I would say it is different because I am a virgin. I would choose to wait for a long time like at least 3 months because I would regret losing it with someone I then decide would be the wrong choice.

I dated someone when I was 16/17 at the beginning of sixth form until about a month after my birthday. So overall about 4 and half months. Turned out that while we are still friends we were not emotionally mature enough to have a full on intimate relationship beyond the cuddles and occasional kiss. I feel I have to have such a strong connection not just sexually but also emotionally and also as a friend (if I can have a bit of banter with them and discuss normal topics as well as relationship talk.)

However, after I lose my virginity I don't think I would need to wait as long when I am in a relationship.

but I am only 18 going on 19 and I don't feel I need to rush it at all. I don't agree with one night stands so if I keep my ideologies then it will probably be a while when I actually lose it.
    Wow sounds so much like my story it's freaky although mine lasted 7 months (the dating at 16/17) and although he really wanted to 'do it' I felt exactly the same (emotionally immature, lacking an actual connection etc ) now 18 I'm happy with my decision. My rule would probably be 4 months for the first time but as you said, after that I probably wouldn't wait that long either

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JemC)
    Wow sounds so much like my story it's freaky although mine lasted 7 months (the dating at 16/17) and although he really wanted to 'do it' I felt exactly the same (emotionally immature, lacking an actual connection etc ) now 18 I'm happy with my decision. My rule would probably be 4 months for the first time but as you said, after that I probably wouldn't wait that long either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah. Between the years 14-16 the majority of people in relationships believed that the purpose of relationships was to have sex.

I am happy with my decision as well. I am so happy we didn't take it that far. If we had, it would be literally having sex for the sake of having sex as that is what is expected in a relationship.

I know someone (good friend) who started to date someone at age 16. They only had sex after the two year mark at the age of 18 and they are currently at 3 years and their relationship is so nice. I would say they are one of the few couples I know who are still together after having sex, whereas the majority of people lose their virginity to the wrong person. Even if they break up which I severely hope they don't they definitely lost their virginity wit the right person.

And yeah I think after the first time you will know the type of partner you want and I think you would be able to make it work much more quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    Yeah. Between the years 14-16 the majority of people in relationships believed that the purpose of relationships was to have sex.

I am happy with my decision as well. I am so happy we didn't take it that far. If we had, it would be literally having sex for the sake of having sex as that is what is expected in a relationship.

I know someone (good friend) who started to date someone at age 16. They only had sex after the two year mark at the age of 18 and they are currently at 3 years and their relationship is so nice. I would say they are one of the few couples I know who are still together after having sex, whereas the majority of people lose their virginity to the wrong person. Even if they break up which I severely hope they don't they definitely lost their virginity wit the right person.

And yeah I think after the first time you will know the type of partner you want and I think you would be able to make it work much more quickly.
    Exactly, I think a major fear amongst newly established 'girlfriends' is the fear of being 'left' after so it's just easier and more practical to wait for a time when you can at least take the emotional consequences if something like that did happen or at least pick a partner who wouldn't do such a thing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2015
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.