Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Applying for the Royal Navy Reserves while at University Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am currently in my first year at university. I have always had an interest in joining the armed forces and I thought this would be a good opportunity to do so.

Is there anyone who has joined the RNR while at university? If so is it manageable? And any other information on your experience of it would be helpful

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does your uni have a officer training corps or one that's operates in your unis area. Am a member of Cambridge university officer training corps, but don't go to Cambridge they just recruit from my uni as well. Really good thing to do if interested in armed forces and you get paid for attending. Full day pay is £39 but also get paid for all training nights, so a quarter pay just for a couple of hours. Good way to make a bit extra money and do something different. Plus they can help you get in as an officer reserves or regular.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.