The Student Room Group

Does anyone listen to music they don't understand??

Scroll to see replies

Can't always understand what they're saying in metal, still like listening to it.
And I listen to some Japanese songs, anime OSTs innit
Original post by YounesB
I know right!
Stromae is so good! I went to see him in Hammersmith!

I'm so jealous! I'd love to see him live. He's my favourite artist :yep:
Reply 62
Rich Gang - Lifestyle ft. Young Thug
It's really hard to understand what Young Thug is using to say
Reply 63
Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I love listening to french music lol I love stromae and a few arabic songs, and Bollywood/punjabi songs I understand them but sometimes I don't aha :smile:
Original post by childofthesun
I'm so jealous! I'd love to see him live. He's my favourite artist :yep:

Whats your favourite song by him?
Original post by YounesB
Whats your favourite song by him?

Papaoutai,Batard, Peace or Violence,and Formidable. I can't choose!
I don't understand the meaning of 100 percent of all the songs I listen to. Just a bunch of random words arranged in a random order. Completely meaningless. The words of any song aren't meant to carry meaning. Music is all about the sound, not the words.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by YounesB
Most of the music I listen to, I dont understand. I listen to mainly Stromae.

All my friends laugh at me

Hi5! I listen to Stromae too! He's my favourite french artist. But I'm beginning to understand the lyrics... I do French A Level :P
My friends did laugh at me, but it's completely normal now... They've all stolen my favourite artist.
Do you get that? Jealousy because someone else is enjoying the music you enjoy or am I weird?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Radioactive- Kendrick Lamar's part
Reply 69
Papaoutai,Batard, Peace or Violence,and Formidable. I can't choose!

The lyrics to humain à l'eau are really good, have you heard it?, I quite like that one and ta fête, i love that one too, they're all so good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same! Now everyone when they hear a french song they know its me!

I don't know much french, I've started the GCSE (in year 11) but a lot of people speak french in Morocco (home country) It's actually there second language!

Yes. Yes. Sometimes. Not all the time but certainly for stromae haha.

Stromae was amazing when I saw him live.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sangeet
The lyrics to humain à l'eau are really good, have you heard it?, I quite like that one and ta fête, i love that one too, they're all so good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yesss. Also tous les memes is pretty good. I really like the video. Luckily I understand French, but I'm sure his music would still impact me the same way even if I didn't understand
Reply 72
Yesss. Also tous les memes is pretty good. I really like the video. Luckily I understand French, but I'm sure his music would still impact me the same way even if I didn't understand

Yes! Tous les memes has a fantastic video, and people think it's weird but it's honestly perfect! All his lyrics have such a deeper meaning, and to find that in rap nowadays is wonderful, because with English rap, it doesn't always have as much meaning in it. Not that all his music is rap but Yeh :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Of course I listen to Hindi and Korean music ^^
Reply 74
thanks to this thread, i'm really getting into stromae, damn he is good. formidable is my favourite song so far lol
Reply 75
Original post by D.n.A
thanks to this thread, i'm really getting into stromae, damn he is good. formidable is my favourite song so far lol

Wahaaaay :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76

i heard alors on danse before but it was average for me, but damn stromae is good.
A bit stupid
Reply 78
Original post by D.n.A
Ethnicity wise I'm Pakistani, but I don't listen to a lot of Bollywood/Pakistani songs, there too upbeat, even the sad ones, and I don't understand them properly, but I love Persian music even though I don't understand it, the way the songs are sung, the beat etc are all what I look for in songs lol.

Anyone else listen to music they don't understand?

Yh i listen to this french song called papaoutai and i really like it but i barely understand it, even though i do french GCSE LOL. But yh i love Stromae
(edited 9 years ago)
Makes me happy to see Stromae fans :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest