Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

New Year's Dilemma. Watch

• View Poll Results: Which party should I go to?
    1 - school friends
    0%
    2 - uni friends
    100.00%

ReputationRep:
    I've just started uni and this year I've been invited to 3 new year's eve parties. 1 i can rule out instantly as it's hosted by someone I don't know - although it would probably still be a great party.

That leaves me with 2 options:

1) Go to school friend's house party - max 18 friends from school, 6 or so I haven't seen since we left, others I saw last week and they were acting very strangely around me - I didn't feel very wanted. It's in the countryside so travel arrangements may be tricky (I don't drive). But technically I was invited to this first (although didn't confirm at the time). Would feel like I was missing out by not going to the other party.

2) Uni friend's birthday/new year's party - about 24 people max, only know about 7 people there but they're all really nice and sure other people will be too - think I'd have a good time but would feel guilty about not going to the other party.

I'm not really sure how birthday vs. new year's weighs up, whether I should try and save my friendship with my school friends or go where I think I'd have most fun. May also be worth noting that I'm going to another party in the same week with friend's from uni - but not the same friends.

What would you do if you were me?

ReputationRep:
    ah the old 'I've been invited to too many parties' dilemma

pretty obvious to go to the Uni party, and then get in touch personally with the few schoolmates who you think could make long-term friends.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Uni party. I wouldn't worry that much about only knowing 7 people there either.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.