Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    If you get a part i) wrong but follow through with the correct method for part ii) do you still get the marks, reckon I'll get 45 or so, hoping A is 40 to get me 80/90 ums!

ReputationRep:
    What do people speculate the raw mark grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss334)
    What do people speculate the raw mark grade boundaries will be?
    I reckon we should have a poll for this and also difficulty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfea)
    I reckon we should have a poll for this and also difficulty.
    Everyone i have spoken to thought it was hard, some didn't finish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zain.chishty)
    does anyone know how the graph of the last question about scanning tunnelling microscoper looked like
    Sorry about my awful drawing, this is what I got: http://i.imgur.com/cWEsD14.png

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CancerousProblem)
    yeah taht was what I put on my paper and I am really confused :confused: as to what I should have done. I put down 3.2 with that reasoning but now i have my doubts i think its 4.8
    Dw i put 3.2 aswell, not sure why people are saying its 4.8 because you didnt need to use the equation 1/v=1/u +1/f .All it really wanted you to do was find the difference between the 2 curvatures because they were both 1/u if that makes sense and the difference between 0.8 and 4 is 3.2D

ReputationRep:
    it was 150, you were calculating the ratio between the resistivities at those specific temperatures, i calculated the resistivityat p3000 and divided it by resistivity at p20 and you get 150

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MOIR1997)
    it was 150, you were calculating the ratio between the resistivities at those specific temperatures, i calculated the resistivityat p3000 and divided it by resistivity at p20 and you get 150
    Are you sure you didn't just substitute in the same numbers for both? I'm quite sure that the ratio wasn't 150.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you didn't just substitute in the same numbers for both? I'm quite sure that the ratio wasn't 150.
    Im sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss334)
    Everyone i have spoken to thought it was hard, some didn't finish
    How do i add a poll? I used to be able to. It's not under thread tools

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MOIR1997)
    I am almost 100% sure the ratio was around 6.something, it was the same when I worked out the resistivities and when I just took the ratio of the resistances. It was 21.something/3.14

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zain.chishty)
    does anyone know how the graph of the last question about scanning tunnelling microscoper looked like
    I think something like this if you ignore the fullstops and the little '-' is a small dip

................._______ .............................___ ____ ______
    ________/............. \______________/.............'-'........... \_________

ReputationRep:
    What did anyone get for that question about bytes for the image? Was it something around 75000?

ReputationRep:
    it was 6.5 ish.
    the formula is RA/l for resistivity, and seeing as the lowest resisitivity (at 20^c) was 3.14 and the highest was 20.05 (depending on which arrangement of P=IV you used), it was the ratio of the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMarshan)
    I am almost 100% sure the ratio was around 6.something, it was the same when I worked out the resistivities and when I just took the ratio of the resistances. It was 21.something/3.14
    are you sure you didnt calculate a length at p3000 and divide that by the length at p20 to get that ratio or something? tbh i cant remember the question entirely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunsteps)
    What did anyone get for that question about bytes for the image? Was it something around 75000?
    Yeah for first bit and then it was like that number times 90 times whatever the images per second was for second?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    How do i add a poll? I used to be able to. It's not under thread tools
    I dont know member since 5 mins ago ha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vish.handa)
    I think something like this if you ignore the fullstops and the little '-' is a small dip

................._______ .............................___ ____ ______
    ________/............. \______________/.............'-'........... \_________

Take note that the small dip probably has to touch the 100pA mark as there was a space between the two atoms.

ReputationRep:
    Mine just had three peaks, for the 3 atoms...up to 260pA I believe
    I had the same thing, thanks

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3341505

poll!
    I have no idea what happened to the top two boundaries, it's supposed to be 54-55 and 56-57!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.