Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR PHYSICS B G491~ 19th May 2015 AM ~ AS Physics Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson2)
    I can see we have a bit of a disagreement here. I would say it could be either D or B, as D has stiffer (so would not crumple as easily) but tougher (so would absorb more energy before fracturing) and B is less stiff (so crumples easier) but not as tough (so would fracture easier). To be honest, I am unsure of which it is. I mean, if you look at pictures of car crashes it is pretty obvious that the crumple zones have fractured, and all literature on crumple zones I have read refers only to stiffness, but I see your point. All I know is that I put D, so either it is right in which case yay, or it is wrong in which case I can improve for next time.
    I still think it was D too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HennersPD)
    From this I reckon I've got about 40/60 minimum to 46/60 maximum, what grade is this likely to be seeing as the gerbil consensus is that it was in fact quite a difficult paper, though relatively easy compared to last year! grade boundaries predictions? has it ever been 45+ for an A? also for the second resistance in the table i got 21.1, do you think they'd accept a range as some people have 20. something? any advice on how to do well in g492, aiming for around 140/150 UMS as already have 58/60 UMS in AS coursework and need 240 UMS total for an A at AS
    What does everybody think??

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.