The Student Room Group

OCR PHYSICS B G495~ 18th June 2015 AM ~ A2 Physics

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I've started revision for this module (currently resitting as private candidate) - does anyone know when the pre-release article for section C gets released?
Original post by kite0nfire
Hi, I've started revision for this module (currently resitting as private candidate) - does anyone know when the pre-release article for section C gets released?

It is already out. Here's the link:http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/206177-unit-g495-advance-notice-article-june-2015.pdf

Someone should make a new thread for this and the G492 advance notice articles to discuss what we think!
How is everyone revising for this?

Things that are likely to come up:

Page #1, Optics, Snell's law? (Sine I/ sine r = c/v or something) G491
#2, Pixel Count and CCDs, to do with the smallest resolution suitable for the CCD and suitable size for pixel count? (pixels not smaller than the diffraction limit) G491
#3, Atomic level diffraction patterns, Wavelength=d sine theta = dx/L G492
#3, Speed of electrons that boil off the surface? 1/2mv^2 , and how 'high energy electrons' (high freq) change diffraction patterns?
#4 More CCD/ Pixel things (Just revise this, bits and bytes etc) G491

Just generally how the Scanning Electro Microscope and Transmission Electron Microscope work
(Mag field to focus electrons into a beam, Elec field to steer the beam)

I'll add more links later :smile: Good luck!
Stay toasty
Original post by frosty.rookie

Things that are likely to come up:

#2, Pixel Count and CCDs, to do with the smallest resolution suitable for the CCD and suitable size for pixel count? (pixels not smaller than the diffraction limit) G491
#3, Atomic level diffraction patterns, Wavelength=d sine theta = dx/L G492
#3, Speed of electrons that boil off the surface? 1/2mv^2 , and how 'high energy electrons' (high freq) change diffraction patterns?
#4 More CCD/ Pixel things (Just revise this, bits and bytes etc) G491

Just generally how the Scanning Electro Microscope and Transmission Electron Microscope work
(Mag field to focus electrons into a beam, Elec field to steer the beam)

I'll add more links later :smile: Good luck!
Stay toasty

Looks good! How would you work out the pixel count and resolution of a CCD? any links to help me on this?
Reply 6
another thing is go over drawing ray diagrams from all the way back in GCSE. At school our teacher got these questions off their version of student room there not the best in the world you'll need lots of data out of the formula booklet.

this is also a very detail link to an about article about a fly eye.
http://spie.org/x30352.xml
Original post by physjim
another thing is go over drawing ray diagrams from all the way back in GCSE. At school our teacher got these questions off their version of student room there not the best in the world you'll need lots of data out of the formula booklet.

These are great, thanks! Are the answers for the second set of questions up anywhere? :colondollar:
Reply 8
Original post by kite0nfire
These are great, thanks! Are the answers for the second set of questions up anywhere? :colondollar:

I'm in the proccess with a mate writing up the answers double physics tomorrow morning so I'll had it to the teacher get her to check it then if she thinks there ok then I'll upload the answers
Original post by physjim

Hey!
Thanks for the set 1 questions!! Do you have the answers for set 2 ? It would be really helpful.
Cheers.
Original post by physjim

Hey chick ^-^
You are a life saver with those questions!

At risk of sounding like an ungrateful bi*ch, do you have the answers to set 2? :smile:
If not no worries!

Thanks baby! ^-^
Reply 11
working on it Lissy =D I been rather tied up organising the leavers ball last night but I'll try and do it tomorrow
Original post by physjim
working on it Lissy =D I been rather tied up organising the leavers ball last night but I'll try and do it tomorrow

Thank you! ^-^

(Literally a life saver! My teacher has been saying he will go though it with us but never gets round to it! Not surprising really seeing as he still hasn't actually marked some of our course work and the FINAL deadline to send it off is next week!)

Hope you have a great ball! ^-^
Reply 13
just to keep you enterained whilst i work on the answers to set 2
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_1r0VpwJdiVRnNPRGV1Zmo3aDA&usp=sharing
notes of the board yeah I know the weekly safety notice has been about stools for 4 Years =D
Reply 14
There we go answers for set 2
Original post by physjim
There we go answers for set 2

I could literally marry you :h:
Thanks chick!!!!!!!!!
Reply 16
haha married to my desk and revision at the moment
Original post by frosty.rookie

Snell's law was on the specification for G491?
Reply 18
snell's laws not specifically in the specification from memory. But it's a really easy bit of physics. They might throw it into the exam and give a little bit of info on it. But for the 5 minutes to read up on it i would
Reply 19
Here are all the formulas you'll need at A2 that aren't on the formula sheet although some are implied. (That's a direct .docx (Microsoft Word 2007+ file) download from TSR).

Edit: as PDF (attached)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending