Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

(Original post by RealTime)
    smashed maths, chem went bad for me cos it's my best subject but didn't do well as I was expected and physics was OK, bad thing is I need 252 UMS to make the A so hopefully I will get it
    Sounds good. As always the main thing holding me back is I misread questions, and do stupid calculation errors. I might have scraped an A* in maths hopefully. G495 went very well as far as I know - only around 6 marks that I lost for sure. G494 was borderline - probably an A but not an A*.

(Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    For the x and y bit did you divide one by 4 and one by 16?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    can you remind me of the context?
    Don't remember this at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STATER)
    can you remind me of the context?
    Don't remember this at all
    You were given the potential and field strength at X, and told that Y is 4 times further from a point charge than X, so find the potential and field strength at Y. Maybe not in exactly that order

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    For the x and y bit did you divide one by 4 and one by 16?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    4 and 16 yeah but I think one was a multiply instead of divide?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhetorical Hips)
    4 and 16 yeah but I think one was a multiply instead of divide?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought they were both divide because 1/r and 1/r^2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridann)
    I thought they were both divide because 1/r and 1/r^2
    Ah okay I can't remember the question now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I divided both, first by 4 second by 16 as potential is proportional to 1/r and force is proportional to 1/r^2... Hopefully that's correct I can't remember the question exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minecraft27)
    What did you guys get in the 4 marker about the accurate representation of the decay particles in a magnetic field?

I worked out their deflection radii and found that beta particles in reality have a radius 200 times smaller than an alpha decay particle and wrote about how the diagram was inaccurate for only showing beta particles as having slightly less radius etc etc.

PS: What thing is not conserved? I wrote charge, because alpha particles are charged.
    Bang on. And charge is always conserved. Mass is not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megatovskimaths)
    I divided both, first by 4 second by 16 as potential is proportional to 1/r and force is proportional to 1/r^2... Hopefully that's correct I can't remember the question exactly
    You got it right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMus)
    You got it right.
    Yeah thats right! Exactly what i did!

ReputationRep:
    For the induction one about why the current increased I've read other people who seem to put something about an opposing current created but I thought it was that the motor was jammed, therefore takes longer to rotate so time is increased. Since E=d(no)/dt the emf would decrease. Then i assumed power was conserved so if voltage decreased, current would increase. Is that correct? What did other people put?

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ I can't read this thread because I hate talking about answers!

I found that exam pretty tough compared to the past papers, and I know I had to make some **** up for a few questions

Bye bye A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Jesus Christ I can't read this thread because I hate talking about answers!

I found that exam pretty tough compared to the past papers, and I know I had to make some **** up for a few questions

Bye bye A*
    Found that harder compared to the papers I had been doing too, hopefully 135 boundary will be closer to 80 than 90

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megatovskimaths)
    Found that harder compared to the papers I had been doing too, hopefully 135 boundary will be closer to 80 than 90
    I hope so too becauae although i liked section C, section A and B were very tough in places :/ whatd you think 80/100 on this will be in UMS and 45/60 on G494?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HennersPD)
    I hope so too becauae although i liked section C, section A and B were very tough in places :/ whatd you think 80/100 on this will be in UMS and 45/60 on G494?
    probably 85 and 80

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowy97)
    probably 85 and 80
    Ah ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else think that the end of the paper was that random blank page they decided to throw in right at the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juggerman Dan)
    Did anyone else think that the end of the paper was that random blank page they decided to throw in right at the end?
    it felt like it was there as a troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowy97)
    probably 85 and 80
    But g495 is out of 150 UMS? what will 80/100 be on this paper? And 45/60 on g494 in ums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HennersPD)
    But g495 is out of 150 UMS? what will 80/100 be on this paper? And 45/60 on g494 in ums?
    oh **** though it was 100, derp
    probably between 110 and 120 for g495 and probably between 75 and 80 for g494
    total guess by how hard i found the papers, probably totally out

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.