Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    If so what sort of plan would you need?
    What do you have?

ReputationRep:
    No, you don't need a contract phone, just a phone, ideally with internet access.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not really but if you're sociable and call or text people a lot or use the Internet a lot on your phone it's worth checking contracts out as they're cheaper in the long run
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I get by on a £10 a month PAYG 1-month rolling contract from GiffGaff. Aint got the money for this £35 a month iPhone rubbish

ReputationRep:
    Do you need one? No not at all. But depending on how much you call/text and use mobile internet it can work out a lot cheaper.
    I'm on a sim only contract with 3 which is only £6.50 a month and I never go over the calls/ texts and data allowance.

ReputationRep:
    No.

Also be careful with contracts. I had to switch network provider when I got to uni because of no signal most of the time on Vodafone. Bought myself a PAYG phone and get 250 mins and unlimited texts for £10 a month on EE.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.