Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If so what sort of plan would you need?
    What do you have?

ReputationRep:
    No, you don't need a contract phone, just a phone, ideally with internet access.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not really but if you're sociable and call or text people a lot or use the Internet a lot on your phone it's worth checking contracts out as they're cheaper in the long run
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I get by on a £10 a month PAYG 1-month rolling contract from GiffGaff. Aint got the money for this £35 a month iPhone rubbish

ReputationRep:
    Do you need one? No not at all. But depending on how much you call/text and use mobile internet it can work out a lot cheaper.
    I'm on a sim only contract with 3 which is only £6.50 a month and I never go over the calls/ texts and data allowance.

ReputationRep:
    No.

Also be careful with contracts. I had to switch network provider when I got to uni because of no signal most of the time on Vodafone. Bought myself a PAYG phone and get 250 mins and unlimited texts for £10 a month on EE.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.