Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

19th Century History- OCR AS Level- American Civil War Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm doing As 19th century history with OCR, and it's about the American civil war, as well as British history at this time (it's titled from Pitt to Peel).
    I was wondering if any of you are doing this course because now I'm at college I realise I had like the best teachers ever at secondary school and I don't really feel like I'm learning much in history I'm not getting on that well at remembering the different information for the American side of the course, and I can't seem to make it link together, or organise the information that I could use in essays etc, (that seemed to work in gcse) or really understand it generally
    I was wondering if any if you have any resources or handouts or anything at all that could summarise the whole course, or help with organising, or explaining information. I can't seem to find much on the internet;( our teacher only gives us long blocks of information that's really hard to work with and yeah, any help would be appreciated literally, anything!
    We have mocks in January which sucks especially seeing as I really don't think I've progressed at all since we started *cries*
    Basically, if anyone's doing this course please comment below even if it's just to say you're doing it, because I don't know any other college that does...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pointlesssuggery)
    Hey guys, I'm doing As 19th century history with OCR, and it's about the American civil war, as well as British history at this time (it's titled from Pitt to Peel).
    I was wondering if any of you are doing this course because now I'm at college I realise I had like the best teachers ever at secondary school and I don't really feel like I'm learning much in history I'm not getting on that well at remembering the different information for the American side of the course, and I can't seem to make it link together, or organise the information that I could use in essays etc, (that seemed to work in gcse) or really understand it generally
    I was wondering if any if you have any resources or handouts or anything at all that could summarise the whole course, or help with organising, or explaining information. I can't seem to find much on the internet;( our teacher only gives us long blocks of information that's really hard to work with and yeah, any help would be appreciated literally, anything!
    We have mocks in January which sucks especially seeing as I really don't think I've progressed at all since we started *cries*
    Basically, if anyone's doing this course please comment below even if it's just to say you're doing it, because I don't know any other college that does...
    I'm doing it, and I feel exactly the same, so don't worry! It's nice to know someone is as confused as I am. I've also struggled to find any revision guides, have you come across anything?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yeah, that's good!! We have the mocks on this coming up as well which I am so not ready for! No me neither! Our school has one book called 'the American civil war: causes, course and consequences' by Alan farmer, which is quite good, it explains things quite well but I still don't feel like comfortable with it all if you get what I mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.