Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Really need some help (desperate) Watch

where to start?

I'm studying on a pretty intense course, in the past two years i've been home 3 times due to long placements over the entire summer which require alot of additional work in my 'spare' time. So I'm now in my final year and everything has gotten alot worse. I've had 7 assessments in the course of 2 months and now i'm expected to complete 3 x 3 hour exams in 9 days... i have spent the past two weeks, including christmas (the only time we 'get off' before completing a 6 month placement plus dissertation & 2 massive portfolios) by myself trying to revise but nothings going in.

I'm constantly upset, cannot concentrate, feel worthless, have noone to talk to and can't be bothered to do anything. Even brushing my teeth is an effort. I hate myself and I don't even know why. I've been feeling this way for the past 2 months

I want to go to the doctors as I'm pretty sure i'm suffering with depression but would i be able to get a doctors note straight away? or would I have to wait? I know 100% i'm unable to do these exams so this is why I would need a letter quickly to claim EC or would I still have to complete them?

I'm sorry for the messiness of this post but i have no idea who to talk to! my university is pretty ****

Speak to your tutor, apply for extenuating circ. Make an appt with your doctor, so you can use the letter from them as evidence.

Edit: also, book an appointment with a uni counsellor. Might help to have someone to talk to

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.