The Student Room Group

Why does this guy keep staring at me?

There's a guy on my course who really dislikes me, he tries to put me down a lot, calling me ugly and a bitch and stuff. Other times he has been okay but mostly when he speaks to me it is to insult me. He even sometimes will butt into a conversation I'm having with someone else just to do so. I'm not sure what he has against me in particular, we don't know each other that well and haven't had a big argument about anything. There are other people he doesn't like but he doesn't actively go out to insult them like he does with me. Also, whenever I'm in a room with him, I can see him staring at me constantly and listening in on conversations I have with other people, and other people have also noticed this. It's starting to freak me out a bit. Why does he do it?
it sounds like he is disturbed ? just try to ignore him, although that may not be easy. make other people aware of how you feel when he is around; maybe inform the college authorities too ?
Reply 2
Maybe he fancies you?
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
it sounds like he is disturbed ? just try to ignore him, although that may not be easy. make other people aware of how you feel when he is around; maybe inform the college authorities too ?

Other people know he's weird with me but he's pretty much normal around everyone else which I don't understand? And it means everyone else thinks he's mostly a normal guy. I think I'd only talk to authorities if he did something series, not just petty namecalling. I do wonder if he might do anything worse though.
Reply 4
Other people know he's weird with me but he's pretty much normal around everyone else which I don't understand? And it means everyone else thinks he's mostly a normal guy. I think I'd only talk to authorities if he did something serious, not just petty namecalling. I do wonder if he might do anything worse though.
Reply 5
Original post by Tai Ga
Maybe he fancies you?

I don't think so, he's nasty in a way like he genuinely hates me rather than the way guys are when they're teasing you because they like you.
he wants to **** you.
Let somebody know please! As a just in case measure.
Just a hunch here. He probably does fancy you. However he may be insecure about himself for varying reasons resulting in frustrations towards himself this is manifesting its self outwardly as you are the subject of whats frustrating him. Well you arnt, its his insecurities. But he doesn't see it that way.

Put it this way most guys whom arnt happy with the luck they have with members of the opposing gender blame others rather then themselves. In my personal opinion its where a lot of hatred towards woman from men comes from. Its not that they hate woman and are misogynistic they just hate themselves and manifest this in that way because of their arrogance that it isn't their fault.
Reply 9
Original post by Sam Walters
Just a hunch here. He probably does fancy you. However he may be insecure about himself for varying reasons resulting in frustrations towards himself this is manifesting its self outwardly as you are the subject of whats frustrating him. Well you arnt, its his insecurities. But he doesn't see it that way.

Put it this way most guys whom arnt happy with the luck they have with members of the opposing gender blame others rather then themselves. In my personal opinion its where a lot of hatred towards woman from men comes from. Its not that they hate woman and are misogynistic they just hate themselves and manifest this in that way because of their arrogance that it isn't their fault.

Thanks for the advice. I guess if that's the case there's not really much I can do about it.
Original post by Anonymous
There's a guy on my course who really dislikes me, he tries to put me down a lot, calling me ugly and a bitch and stuff. Other times he has been okay but mostly when he speaks to me it is to insult me. He even sometimes will butt into a conversation I'm having with someone else just to do so. I'm not sure what he has against me in particular, we don't know each other that well and haven't had a big argument about anything. There are other people he doesn't like but he doesn't actively go out to insult them like he does with me. Also, whenever I'm in a room with him, I can see him staring at me constantly and listening in on conversations I have with other people, and other people have also noticed this. It's starting to freak me out a bit. Why does he do it?

Stop crying over here like a saggy tit, and go sort it out!
Original post by CA$H KRAZE
Stop crying over here like a saggy tit, and go sort it out!

What a wonderful turn of phrase.
Reply 12
Bullies are usually insecure about themselves, it should be pretty easy to put him down about it. Put him in his place!

Quick Reply

Latest