Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swanseajack1)
    you have chosen unis as follows 1,3 and 4 rated in usa.1, 3 and 6 in Canada. 2,3,7,8,10 and 13 in uk. outside of this you have only looked at 1 uni in uk. all these unis have loads of the very best students applying there and are extremely difficult to get into. most of the applicants will have better gcse results and many will have exceptional a level very often in excess of AAA. There is a very strong possibility of rejection from these unis yet the only other uni is a far lower rated uni. it is obvious looking at this that you have only looked at the very top unis and have rejected everything else. it is your choice to do this and if you get rejected you will be the one to blame. to suggest there is no suitable uni offering AAB or ABB shows total disrespect to all the excellent unis doing that and highlights your way of thinking

1) I never said they were unsuitable. I said that they did not fit what I wished to do.
    2) I have looked at loads of universities - please do not tell me what I have and haven't done because you simply do not know.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and just to add, I haven't made any solid university choices. As specified in the original thread's post, I said that the universities listed were what I had considered. I looked at the link I was given for the BBB and ABB courses at the different universities and the vast majority were joint honours or completely random courses. I can't do half of them for the lack of qualifications (e.g. Music and History or Italian and History - I don't have music or a language at a-level) or even want to. The universities offering them aren't poor, I'm simply saying that it seems that the ones who do offer what I want are not very highly rated for my course or as a university in general; I want to go somewhere worthy of my ability and the work I have put in. I understand exactly what you guys are saying and I have no intentions of applying to 5 top UK schools. I have merely made a list so I can choose my top 3 and look for 2 safer options so why don't you stop being so overly judgmental and ask questions that would actually provide you with answers that could lead to you making such remarks.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.