Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Dyson DC40 Animal or Multi floor? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm looking for a Dyson vacuum for my mother and I've come across the DC40. Does anyone know the difference between the DC40 Multi floor and the DC40 Animal?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Best bet is to look on Dyson website then try an independent review site like Which.

My mother is an avid Dyson fan and had the original which lasted for ages until it died, then one in between which she had a bit of trouble with but was able to get repaired by them and now a lightweight ball as well as a handheld wall mountable cordless one.

She got the middle inbetween one in Animal but her best reason to not get it again is she "didn't like the colour" - purple and green.

They're a good hoover but I don't like seeing our own filth even though admittedly are easier to clean and cheaper in the long run than bags

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaffacake111)
    Best bet is to look on Dyson website then try an independent review site like Which.

My mother is an avid Dyson fan and had the original which lasted for ages until it died, then one in between which she had a bit of trouble with but was able to get repaired by them and now a lightweight ball as well as a handheld wall mountable cordless one.

She got the middle inbetween one in Animal but her best reason to not get it again is she "didn't like the colour" - purple and green.

They're a good hoover but I don't like seeing our own filth even though admittedly are easier to clean and cheaper in the long run than bags
    Hey, thanks for the reply. i've actually found out that the only difference is that the animal version comes with the turbine tool and the multifloor doesn't.

I've just used the vacuum and it works quite well! I'm thinking of buying the turbine tool on its own but its £40!

ReputationRep:
    I am a hardcore Dyson fan We have a DC41 Animal btw, fantastic vacuum!

Not a fan of the DC40, I believe your's is the early model which is slightly problematic but the later ones are outstanding

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2016
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.