Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in year 2/3 on here and that can tell me anything about the project? Like is it individual/group? Currently in year 1, any info would be much appreciated thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by compcomp)
    Anyone in year 2/3 on here and that can tell me anything about the project? Like is it individual/group? Currently in year 1, any info would be much appreciated thanks
    The course is called Software Engineering...........both Computer Science and other courses such as IT, Computer Engineering, etc will do the module in first semester which is a combination of coursework which is easy in my opinion, an inclass open exam I believe(not enough time to finish), but straight forward and an exam right at the end in the summer.

For those doing Computer Science, the Module extends to the 2nd semester, for you guys its worth 2 modules.The project is worth a module, which you are debriefed and begin in 2nd semester. You will either get a choice or given some ideas to think about. Also its a Group project, when I was there, the lecturer made the groups based on the in-class test results in 1st semester. Those who do well, do it together with others who also did well.

ReputationRep:
    Iqbal007 - How did you find the group project, working with others etc.? Was it fairly easy to obtain marks if you review the material or more complicated? Thankyou in advance

I took the module in the 1st semester and i'm going to take the group project in the second. We didn't have an inclass test this year for some reason but we did have coursework worth 20% which was straightforward if you review the material given.

(Original post by Iqbal007)
    The course is called Software Engineering...........both Computer Science and other courses such as IT, Computer Engineering, etc will do the module in first semester which is a combination of coursework which is easy in my opinion, an inclass open exam I believe(not enough time to finish), but straight forward and an exam right at the end in the summer.

For those doing Computer Science, the Module extends to the 2nd semester, for you guys its worth 2 modules.The project is worth a module, which you are debriefed and begin in 2nd semester. You will either get a choice or given some ideas to think about. Also its a Group project, when I was there, the lecturer made the groups based on the in-class test results in 1st semester. Those who do well, do it together with others who also did well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flounder1)
    Iqbal007 - How did you find the group project, working with others etc.? Was it fairly easy to obtain marks if you review the material or more complicated? Thankyou in advance

I took the module in the 1st semester and i'm going to take the group project in the second. We didn't have an inclass test this year for some reason but we did have coursework worth 20% which was straightforward if you review the material given.
    I did Computer Engineering.............so I didn't have to luckily.

Your group will be based on your coursework marks possibly, if not then you can pick. Just do not do the project with slackers. Some people failed because the rest of their groups simply didn't do their part.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.