Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any tips on how to get straight A*s? Is it down to revising early or doing flashcards or writing notes? Is it easy to get straight A*s? Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnyrays07)
    Has anyone got any tips on how to get straight A*s? Is it down to revising early or doing flashcards or writing notes? Is it easy to get straight A*s? Any advice?
    It depends on the person and their aptitude but generally speaking practice is the key as practice makes perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Try to find out your general learning style first. For example, I work well off visual learning: lots of bright colours and spider diagrams, that way I can visualise the summarised content in my head.
    Some of my friends learn by constant repetition - so in learning style it all depends on what works well for you.

Getting advice from your lecturers is always useful, too. Try and practise some past paper questions and get them to have a look for you. Ask for any suggestions for improvement.

Just try to revise and practise as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Go to a private school.

Not my opinion - saw it on a similar thread and it made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    work smartly - dont spend hours in the books
    Use a range of techniques i.e. mind maps, drawings, writing things out again and again and lots of practice papers (I used to make a list of all the stuff I got wrong to go over before exams)
    start early and make some sort of plan -it doesn't have to be a strict timetable, but set subdeadlines
    take breaks and be productive in the breaks ie.e. play sport, meet friends, get away from study area
    Focus on your weak areas first
    Prioritise
    Good luck

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.