Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is there any chance of seeing her again? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I met this girl and we got on really well, but I broke the news to her that I am going away soon to travel for 3 months. She seemed upset at the prospect and sadly lost a bit of interest in me as I think she believes there is no future. She has also become unresponsive when texting. My dilemma therefore is whether to wait until I get back from travelling and text her to see if she wants to meet up again, or whether to leave it and move on as she may have completely lost interest in me and moved on herself. Any advice would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I'll say don't give up, don't text her until you've come back from travelling.

If she still ignores that text then move on.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by NathanDavey93)
    So I met this girl and we got on really well, but I broke the news to her that I am going away soon to travel for 3 months. She seemed upset at the prospect and sadly lost a bit of interest in me as I think she believes there is no future. She has also become unresponsive when texting. My dilemma therefore is whether to wait until I get back from travelling and text her to see if she wants to meet up again, or whether to leave it and move on as she may have completely lost interest in me and moved on herself. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Yeah text her when you get back, although I guess if she was really interested she wouldn't have been put off by you going away just for 3 months.

ReputationRep:
    Text her once you come back as if she is still interested it should all be fine.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My grand grand mothers waited 2year for their fiances to come back from war!!!

3 months in this day and age where you have phones, internet, video conversations is nothing....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lNurl)
    My grand grand mothers waited 2year for their fiances to come back from war!!!

3 months in this day and age where you have phones, internet, video conversations is nothing....
    You are correct, however I am going out into the middle of nowhere in Mozambique, where there will be no internet or phone reception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanDavey93)
    You are correct, however I am going out into the middle of nowhere in Mozambique, where there will be no internet or phone reception.
    thats so cool, do you speak portuguese i wish i could go i love africa

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.