Best cures for a cough/cold fast

Vitamin C?
Water
Fruits
Paracetamol
one does not antibioticise a cold
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
one does not antibioticise a cold

Yeah it's a self limiting illness according to my dad.

But either way GPs always recommend paracetamol
in the pharmacy if you ask for a decongestant on its own you can get a pill 3x the strength of the ones that come with paracetamol. then just take the paracetamol separately if you feel you need it.
Reply 5
Cough syrup
Vitamin C, antibiotics, and some say alcohol kills the cells x
Original post by JamesManc
Vitamin C, antibiotics, and some say alcohol kills the cells x

why antibiotics?:confused: It's a virus.
Original post by mrocd2014
Vitamin C?

Personally, I just coat myself in vaporub (not literally), and just engulf like 2-3 hot chocolates throughout the day and I usually find myself feeling better in the time space of about 2-3 days :grin:
Original post by OU Student
why antibiotics?:confused: It's a virus.

It is a biological disease
Reply 10
Original post by Binary Freak
Personally, I just coat myself in vaporub (not literally), and just engulf like 2-3 hot chocolates throughout the day and I usually find myself feeling better in the time space of about 2-3 days :grin:

Mmm hot chocolate :smile:
Chicken noodle Cuppa Soup
Isotonic drinks
Paracetamol and ibuprofen
A hot bath or shower if you feel up to it
As much sleep as you can get

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol no need for antibiotics as colds/flu are caused by viruses.

Paracetamol is really good and just make sure you drink plenty of fluids, ideally warm/hot drinks like soups, tea, coffee etc.

Liquids will help loosen any phlegm that your body is trying to cough out (so yes, productive coughs are a good thing!)

Also take those 1000mg vitamin C tablets once a day, they tend to help
Blow a hairdryer into your nostrils for 10 minutes on a gentle setting. Cuts a cold by several days.

Wear wet socks to bed (place towel underneath feet to soap up any water).

To ease congestion, stimulate a 'fake death', which involves holding your breath for as long as possible and it will cause your brain to force your sinuses open, allowing you breathe easier for an hour or so.

Or, a less stressful option, press a finger between your eyebrows for 3 seconds. Then release the finger and push your tongue to the roof of your mouth for 3 second. Then put the finger back between the eyebrows and repeat the process several times.

Don't take paracetamol/cold tablets as they prolong your symptoms (a way to get you to buy more). Ibuprofen is more reliable.

Vitamin C has no effect.

Chicken Soup speeds up recovery from aches and general 'coldness'.

Avoid Milk or dairy produce, they increase mucus production. But take some ice cream or yoghurt for a sore throat.

Brush your tongue to clean it up and get your taste back a bit.
Original post by bittr n swt
Yeah it's a self limiting illness according to my dad.

But either way GPs always recommend paracetamol

That's just bad bad bad..
Water.
Original post by ForgetMe
That's just bad bad bad..

Coz some mmother can't get it into their thick skull that a cold is just a minor infection not ww2. Gps feel pressured to give a prescription so recommend paracetamol
Reply 17
Original post by Spock's Socks
Chicken noodle Cuppa Soup
Isotonic drinks
Paracetamol and ibuprofen
A hot bath or shower if you feel up to it
As much sleep as you can get

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks
Original post by bittr n swt
Coz some mmother can't get it into their thick skull that a cold is just a minor infection not ww2. Gps feel pressured to give a prescription so recommend paracetamol

Cold for some people can develop into a worse condition and paracetamol, in most cases, has no healing effect.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest