Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

There's gotta be more to life.. (srs thread) Watch

ReputationRep:
    there's gotta be more to life.. than chasing down every temporary high..

seriously though

when unoccupied and without distractions, doesn't anyone else just feel very empty/****/underwhelmed like .. is this it?

you think you want something (material or otherwise).. you chase it.. but then you get it and it wasn't what you built it up to be so you start chasing something else and you never really end up feeling better than before..

:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Such is life! And this is why we all need hobbies/passions because when we get what we want from them we are truly satisfied. Orrr do something which you enjoy finding rather than getting. Like you enjoy taking the path to the thing at the end, not getting the thing itself and hating the path.

ReputationRep:
    Life also means not always getting what you want. Is it better or not? (legit question)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrode)
    Life also means not always getting what you want. Is it better or not? (legit question)
    weirdly, sometimes i love it when everything goes wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white boy)
    why though?

ReputationRep:
    I also love this. Life's so ****ing boring without drama right OP. I'd rather be uncertain that I'm going to make it through the day than bored.

ReputationRep:
    This is some deep stuff. There always needs to be a perpetual carousel of things for us to focus on or we'll start wallowing and pondering our existence in those transitioning stages between stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrode)
    why though?
    can't explain it tbh

ReputationRep:
    A thread on life huh?

For me, life is just another game. You can't back out of it once you're.in is the problem. Just take each day as it comes, and even on days which seem to drift by with nothing happening, your decisions made then influence the future. You're a player. Everyone is a player. No NPCs, or flags or save points. Think that way, and you'll find life a difficulty or truly interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I get this all the the time, think it's like a quarter life crisis! So cheesy ( and important point to be made that someone elses suffering doesn't make yours any less real) but I have to remind myself to look around; what more could i want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaffacake111)
    I get this all the the time, think it's like a quarter life crisis! So cheesy ( and important point to be made that someone elses suffering doesn't make yours any less real) but I have to remind myself to look around; what more could i want?
    it def is a bit of a 1/4 life crisis.. having always been used to having an obvious thing to aim at. getting whatever exam results, getting into wherever, doing this and that.. you hit "real life" and it's a bit like.. ok is this it?

ReputationRep:
    like i'm not really content with just 'surviving' or 'getting by'.. there's gotta be more

ReputationRep:
    like i'm not really content with just 'surviving' or 'getting by'.. there's gotta be more
    What more would satisfy your requirements?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jasel)
    What more would satisfy your requirements?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    there's no way for me to answer that question. it's not really a case of i need 'more' of something.. it's just me sitting here thinking there's GOT to be more..

i don't think i'm making a lot of sense. i just have a lot of feelings and limited healthy outlets.

ReputationRep:
    there's no way for me to answer that question. it's not really a case of i need 'more' of something.. it's just me sitting here thinking there's GOT to be more..

i don't think i'm making a lot of sense. i just have a lot of feelings and limited healthy outlets.

ReputationRep:

I see where you're coming from. I guess there ought to be... Sometimes I end up thinking what is our purpose? To make things better and forward humanity? Then what is humanity's purpose? We all die eventually, and our civilization will die out too. There's got to be a reason we're all here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    x
    can't say that picture doesn't make me laugh :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jasel)
    I see where you're coming from. I guess there ought to be... Sometimes I end up thinking what is our purpose? To make things better and forward humanity? Then what is humanity's purpose? We all die eventually, and our civilization will die out too. There's got to be a reason we're all here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i really don't think there is though. i don't subscribe to any theory of 'creation' or whatnot. afaic we're here by accident and there isn't really any objective good or bad. the only thing to do is try and have a nice time while you're here but as evidenced by this thread it's not always straight forward.

ReputationRep:
    i really don't think there is though. i don't subscribe to any theory of 'creation' or whatnot. afaic we're here by accident and there isn't really any objective good or bad. the only thing to do is try and have a nice time while you're here but as evidenced by this thread it's not always straight forward.
    Yeah.... I guess there are some things beyond our understanding.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel like that but that's only because I've been depressed for a couple years. Before that I was really enjoying life. Still, I know that I'm not doing anything fulfillig right now, but after I grt a job and get into a serious relationship that'll be a whole different story.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.